Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi all

Has anyone #been to either of these places recently and could reccommend a few places to try.

Have been reading Beer Advocate, but would like a Kiwi perspective.

Views: 98

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was in Seattle a couple of years back and went to a few places in the City. The Taphouse Grill was good. Pike Brewing and Rock Bottom were Fair. 

I walked up the hill to Stumbling Monk only for it to be closed!
Bah.

I didn't find any gems but the Taphouse is worthy.

Also check out:

http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/FindPlacesByCity.asp?SortBy=2&Co...

I was in Vancouver for a couple of days last year. Pretty decent beer scene but nothing like, say, Portland.

I struggle to think of many specific bars, but I remember we went to the "steamworks" brewpub. Beers were good but a bit heavy on the diacetyl. I did some research before we went and gathered that "the alibi room" was the place to go. After an hour of wandering around we finally found it around 2 pm only to realize it didn;t open until 5 pm. I starred lustful through the window at the promising taps and pleated with my pregnant wife to go back for dinner, but she would have nothing of it...:) 

I agree with Soren - the Alibi Room, Vancouver is the place to search out.  We had the same problem, couldnt find it and when we did arrived at 3pm to find it was only open at 5pm.  But what a gem of a place it is :)
Brouwer's Cafe in Seattle was amazing when I went there in '09 - the most spectacular (in a good way) beer bar I've ever been to. And Uber Tavern is legendary. Both make it onto this list too: http://www.ratebeer.com/RateBeerBest/table_2011.asp?title=Best+Beer...

Also in Vancouver, check out Granville Island Brewery, they open at 12.00pm. They brew an interesting maple ale.

Another place to check out is Yale Street brewery, great food there as well.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service