Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Some advice please...
I put down a Pilsner using M10 Workhorse yeast. It kicked off after 24 hours but very slow from day 2-4 and now almost non action at day 6. SG is at 1.020 with a target of 1.008....question.. do I drop another 10 g of yeast to start the process again?...or hold fire for another 3 or so days??

Views: 317

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

M10 Workshorse is notoriously slow

it is also notorious for sticking around where you are. it is not a high attenuator.

check it at 2 weeks, and i suspect from there it wont move far.

Thanks Crusader-rob.....will hold off, i have another packet of workhorse handy ..is there any issue with dosing it again???

I wouldn't

you risk adding unwanted bacteria etc.

last time I tried to add yeast to a stuck fermentation, i ended up wiuth an infection.

Hi Chig....thanks for your reply. I am only on brew 4 at the moment so just starting out with a basic extract kit....super keen to go to all grain once i have cracked this method.

So the wort has been sitting between 16 -20 degrees....one night she hit 14.5 which isnt ideal...but it is still bubbling...I stay for 20 mins to see that.

kicked off @1.027ish...

will wait a full 2 weeks ..my last brew was left for 2.5 weeks and has come out great..but was a NZ pale ale, with a different yeast

I used this yeast on a couple of kits when I first started. they mostly finished around 1020.

Quick update...now 3.5 weeks , decided to dry hop...100g of waimea...no idea but it what a difference...the wort has kicked off again...SG is now 1.10 not too far of target..one question, when testing and sampling the beer is quite cloudy...it settles down in a jar...?

The heat pad is on and temp of wort around 20 degrees...should i leave it longer or bottle asap....has sat @ 1.10 for 3 days now...

cheers 

Dry hopping tends to release co2 for a while after being added as they act as nucleation points for co2 to come out of solution, if you're seeing bubbles in the airlock post dry hop that's probably what it is.

I'd bottle once you've given the dry hops a good 3-7 days to infuse. Most gunk tends to drop out on cooling so I wouldn't be too worried about cloudiness.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service