Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I saw a video somewhere where they guy was running different burners on different regulators. Cant find it now but using high or medium pressure he got way more heat out of his burners even an old 4 ring. My 4 ring is a bit useless and I wonder if putting higher pressure reg would sort it out. Does any one have experience with this. I'm assuming my mite 10 BBQ reg 2kg/hour and the steps up seem to be 3 or 8kg/hour. Any advice?

Views: 524

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I went and got an adjustable reg and line made up from a local gas shop. It feeds my 3-ring with enough to boil 80L aggressively. 

These guys are gas gurus..., someone was also selling adjustable kg/hr on trademe.

http://new.combustioncontrol.co.nz

On my mitre10 reg i unscrewed the cap off the reg and adjusted that but there seems to be a sweet spot where the flame burns nicely

I'm confused I found a similar burner to mine on like rated at 95000 BTu

By my calculation adapted from the one Richard Jack posted in the grain father discussion.  It should be heating my wort from 70 to 100 in 4 minutes, in reality it take several times that, maybe I get a degree a minute and I don't think the reg and escaping heat are enough to explain the difference. Hers my math where am I going wrong.

95000 Btu x 0.001055056 = 100 MJ/Hour

((100MJh *1000000)/60)/60 = 27777 J/second (js)
temp difference = 100c - 70c  = 30c
  volume = 55L * 1000 = 55000ml

4.19(joules required per ml per decree)*(55000ml)*30c = 6913500 joules required (jr)

6913500(jr)/ 27777(js) = 248 seconds = 4.1 minutes

I just noticed I had done the math on 55L not the 45L I usually boil but that just makes the difference between the calculated heating rate and the one I get even worse.

have you got one of these?

I wish, just a 4 ring like this

this one http://www.outdoorsdomain.com.au/cast-iron-ring-burner/ says 54MJ/hour which brings it down to 7 min by my calculations still way faster than what I actually get.

How big your reg? Kg per hour

Its the cheap one form mitre 10 I'm assuming 2kg which should be enough but probably isnt

thats the issue , burner can deliver the btu only if the reg can give it the gas...

those 4 burners on a big reg are awesome BTU

where does one get one of them?

Burner or reg? The burner came form Otaki market, $40 bargain.

If any one has a source for a cheap 3kg or adjustable reg let us know.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service