Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi,

Was wondering if everyone would like to put up pictures of there Kegerators / Beer Fridges here, so that others can get an idea for there own, or just show off some of your hidden talents?!

Views: 3524

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Got the taps in on the weekend, still a birds nest inside though, co2 in through the top, 4 way block inside, 

M

Current and future one in the pipeline......Gonna paint it up and chuck some taps on the door

Attachments:

Omg where'd you get the bloomin' adapter for the extinguisher? I've been looking and can't find one. I.e. I have an extinguisher and would like to use it. 

I thought they have dip-tubes that meant that they were less than ideal for use in beer/regulator, is this not the case?

The place in Westmere Auckland can convert them for you. Not sure how much he charges.

But thats where you can get it filled too.

30 Hargreaves Street
Freemans Bay
Auckland 1011
New Zealand
Off college hill

You dont need no adapter a CO2 reg will screw straight into a fire ex if its designed for CO2 Just unscrew anything thats on that spigot, And yes they do have dip tubes but they can be taken out easily if you unscrew the top off.....Or if its full and your a tight ass like me and dont want to waste CO2 you can run em upside down for the first empty

Bugger, looks like mine has a female thread on the valve. Will definitely need an adapter of sorts, or converting. Not that I really need it as it is.

I will take a pic of my back up bottle tomorrow for you to see

Will post some photos of my kegerator next week, but this is my portable out door BBQ'ing style Kegerator.

Made it from a couple of wooden pallets, and have a 44 gallon plastic drum in the middle that holds 4 kegs and the CO2 bottle and a lots of ice cold water. Keeps beer cold all day long.

A little dangerous tho, dont have to get up to go get a beer.

It's a work in progress at this stage. Ex-medical fridge I picked up for free. Temperature controls itself to 2-4 degrees I think and it's pretty good condition.

Just trying to figure out how much weight the floor and shelves can handle, I don't want the keg to fall through. Co2 bottle, reg and pipes/tap will have no problem getting in there as well.
Attachments:
+image. Ipad couldn't do two on one post.
Attachments:

From first hand experience these shelves are very borderline with 23 Litres in a keg on them.  Picture the front of the shelf collapsing and sending a load of ferment ready wort over your legs, filling your trainers and running out the door.  The clean up was no less depressing.

Now have a plywood shelf of two layers thick where one layer fits in both slots and the other is full width under it to add strength.  The shelf needs to taper towards the back to maintain best contact with the slot - i.e. the shelf is a trapezium.  Do lots of measuring or maybe use the existing shelves as a pattern.  Check for a close fit before putting to much weight on it.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service