Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Can anyone recommend a decent grain mill, which i can easily get.  I usually do 23L all grain batches so needs to be able to do enough grains for that.

any suggestions would he helpful

Views: 988

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm really happy with my MM2 monster mill from the US. I got it with the hopper. Money well spent.

I've got a Crankandstein 2A and its dealt well with everything I've thrown at it for the last couple of years.  From what I hear the 2 roller mills are pretty much of a muchness - just depends on what other features you might want (hopper/ detent gap setting etc).  A few of us got together to bring in a few at the same time - saved a bit on shipping.  Perhaps put the word out and see if anyone else is interested.

Yeh. I got an MM2 monster mill. Chews through enough grain to do 50L big IPA brews easily. Love it and would not be without it!

Saw this yesterday and thought it looked like a pretty good price. Maybe someone on here can say something about the quality of it

http://thebrewhouse.co.nz/beer/malt-muncher-grain-mill

thats the standard Chinese copy,   I have one, the hopper is rubbish but the mill is ok,   make a new hopper from an old water cooler bottle.

The best advice I got at the time was to just get a basic mill, no need for easily adjustable gaps etc, and ~3 years later I definitely agree with this. I've never changed the gap on mine and doubt I ever will.

I have a crankandstein 2S and it has been fine (I really want to say great but milling is all over in <2mins so its a bit of a non-event really). The guy running the site was friendly which is a bit of a change from the amazon/aliexpress world. It isn't hard to rig up a hopper which will save you a lot on shipping.

Brought a MM3 about 4+ years ago.. straight up, go with a MM2, so much easier to adjust etc and the latest ones have bigger rollers which sound help.

All that said the mill sold at allgrain.co.nz looks pretty fit for the price.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service