Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Does anybody use Brewmate software?

I have just downloaded it and I am trying to load in a Montheiths original ale clone c/o AHB.

I don't really know what I am doing and I am getting a 1.83 ABV even with a 5.2 grain bill.

The options on beer style are limited and lean toward American but !.83%ABV???

I must be doing something wrong. Can anyone show me the way?

Views: 1105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yep I use it religiously. Love it for being free :-)
Any chance you can flick up a screenshot of what you're putting into it?

Or post the recipe you're using and I'll put it into mine and show you what it looks like?

How can I do that?

Have new computer Windows 8.1 and having some problems getting used to it.

push the PrtScn button in your keyboard, open any picture editing software you have, or Paint, paste the image there, save it, then upload to here using the insert image button.

OR

Just copy and paste the recipe from where you got it from and I can load it into mt BrewMate and chuck up a screen shot.

Sounds like you may have your batch size to big?

Example of what I have. Brewhouse is 23L so my batch size is always 23L

Thanks Jason, I was using XP  for years and this is a whole new world. Why Microsoft wanted to change everything is beyond me. Bastards.

Aussie home brewer. Recipe database page 2 c/o Tony. Motheiths original ale

I am trying to brew 25lts. Use no chill. Today tried a different hb shop and got Mangrove Jack M79 not in the fridge. milled grain as follows.

4kg golden promise

.5 light wheat

.2 dark crystal

.5 light chocolate malt.

Hops;

9.3gm pacific gem @40

9.3gm p g @10

23gm p g @0

66deg 60 mins  boil 60 .

og 1044

fg1012

Should be showing 4ish ABV. I am just trying to learn how to use it but I am doing something wrong for

Works for me.....?

Has anyone tried this Montheiiths  clone?

I got the grain from a home brew shop that I hadn't used before and they didn't really fill me with confidence. Yeast on a shelf and not much of it for starters.

I brewed a batch of this ale and I do like it off the shelf but when I bottled it the beer was black as a Niger's arse and didn't taste to good either.

The bloke at the shop asked me if I wanted light chocolate malt or dark and we decided on light because it is an ale but he may have given me dark. Or is the recipe flawed as when I read through the posts on AHB there is one member that has brewed with .050 kg of chocolate malt when the recipe calls for .500 kg.

Could this be the reason because I really want to give it another go but I am a bit worried about what could be another failure.

What do you think?  Brew shop mistake or misprint on original post?

Half a kilo of pale or dark seems way too much to me. I just did a steam beer and stuffed up the amount of pale choc doubling the required 50g to 100g. Colour at bottling was like a nz draught beer. High quantities of choc malt should start giving coffee flavours and very dark colour which wouldnt be like Monteiths original at all.....

what did the steam beer finish at Mark?

1016 in the end and apart from the colour seems pretty good

Thanks Mark, it is like coffee.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service