Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Pressurised the keg to 30psi for 3 days.

Dropped it down to 10psi today for a sample and all I got was a horribly slow pour and 100% foam and flat beer.

Have checked all the connections a it's not leaking. The c02 is definitely getting into the keg.

Even when I pumped it up to 20psi it makes no difference to the pour.

Beer line is about 2m

C02 bottle has just been filled and fridge is sitting at about 3 degrees c.

Any ideas?

Views: 2759

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Possibly over carbed after 3 days at 30psi or is that what you normally do?

Have you tried pouring at less than 10 PSI 2m seems short for that serving pressure?

What temp is the beer?

Try purging the keg completely and then applying just enough (minimal) pressure to get the beer moving through the lines and see how that goes.  The first glass may be foamy but should settle after that.

I'd say definitely over carbed, pain in the arse to get rid of that gas once you have it in the beer.

I'd do 3 things: back the gas right off, vent off as much gas as you can at every chance, and lengthen the line to the tap, you could probably triple that length or at least double it.

It'll take a bit of effort to get it back down to pouring cleanly.

Next time, 40 psi for exactly 24 hours no longer.

Then back off to about 4-8psi to serve.

40 PSI 24hrs.

Legend Barry worked perfectly for me on the weekend good to know don't need to fart around with rocking ect

Sweet as, it's never failed me.

Ok thanks for that. I'll set off and get some more line today. I can understand the over carbonation, but the slow pouring seems odd. Before I filled the keg I sterilised it, I tried dispensing that liquid at 10psi and it was horribly slow as well.

Have you taken apart your poppets and cleaned them? Dip tubes?

Bit late now the beer is in the keg, but once it's empty it's pretty easy to disassemble them and clean them out, you'd be able to eyeball all the seals too and make sure they're OK.

How long did the keg sit empty, spiders build webs and live everywhere perhaps there is a blockage or as Barry says above blocked poppet.

What about the tap?
I had pour problems when I had accumlated hop material in the tap
Brand new tap.
This reminds me of the symptoms when I tried to dry hop in the keg with loose whole hops. Created a blockage which lead to low flow which intern unbalances the system and creates foam. So part of the problem could be some sort of blockage. It may be over carbed too.

Yeah dry hopping in the keg really needs a hop sock.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service