Steph

Comment Wall:

• David Nicholls

Hi Steph
    Dave Nicholls, the brewer at Moa here. Left a reply re the Wellington tasting for you to have a read of.
    What's your courier address as no need to win lotto, I will send some of the 750ml range for you to try! Thanks for the comments on the St Josephs, a beer that I'm really pleased with

Cheers, Dave
  • Beer_ledgend

Not a Yeastie Boy but love their work, The Yeastie boys are Stu and Sam aka Grandmaster, both on Ratebeer.

I currently live in Auckland but me and my wife will be moving to Wellington next year, looking foreward to that as there is a very active beer community there.

Chris
  • Stu McKinlay

Hey Steph - did you try Kid Choc at the beer fest? If not, it will be on at the Newtown festival Sunday. Just getting the word out to all the pubs that it is officially available for sale from today.
  • Stu McKinlay

Yes it is on there. No worries - not everyone can like everything (even if I can).
  • Beer_ledgend

h now I remember, that was the day Greg had the infected 3 Boys. Was great day. Will be moving permentatly down, as m partner will be transferring with her job. She is orginly from the Hutt.

Looking forward to it, will be a about 6 months.
  • David Nicholls

Hi Steph. Thanks for the comments on the Original. Strange you find pineapple as I am aiming for no esters at all with a very low temp fermentation (<10) so the dominant flavours are yeast and hop derived.

Another fruit beer....might do something for next summer, not sure what yet. We have a cider comming out soon and I'm working on a quad/belgian strong/tripel bock (call it what you want, I'm not really a style brewer) and an imperial stout. Both will be aged in newish oak (joys of having a winery next door).

Cheers
    David
  • Beer_ledgend

My wife and are are planning on being in Wellington latter in the year or about this time next year. All comes down to her job.

Well I sent an e-mail to Peak Brewer, he said he was going to send a replacement bottle, I am still waiting!!!! . So will add rating to ratebeer as low as it can go, BAD!!!

Will be drinking my Westie latter inthe week :)

Happy drinking

Chris
  • Kieran Haslett-Moore

email me on kieran@regionalwines.co.nz
  • Dale Cooper

Hi Steph, Ian Caig is also enlisting SOBA volunteers. I am going to help out on the early Friday session.
  • Glynn Foster

Yep, I'll be helping out hopefully (assuming I'm still in the country). I sent Ian a mail a long while back, but haven't yet had time to respond to his latest mail - on the last day of a 2 week work trip to the US, including a whole bunch of beer tasting :)
  • Greig McGill

Thanks Steph. I feel older but no wiser! :)
  • David Nicholls

Hi Steph, have you tried the Noir yet? I read with interest your comments re the Emersons Belgian tasting, wish I had been there as the more I brew the more I lean toward the Belgian. Heard a rumour that a St Josephs had been included.....any truth? By the way I'm bottling a wee batch of the St J that has been in oak for 10 months. A four pack is on its way to you when its ready in exchange for honest feedback....are you interested?

Cheers
    David
  • Glynn Foster

Had a spare ticket for the event at Bar Edward if you wanted it. The Malthouse was fun last night, but decided (wisely at the time) to bail because I had an early start this morning with work! Crept out the back door without anyone seeing me :)
  • Glynn Foster

Hey Steph - what's the deal with Friday next? I assume I just turn up at some stage? Still not sure if I'll actually get to attend a session since I have friends/family up that weekend, but put me down for Saturday 12pm session and if I can't attend, I can't attend :(
  • Arron

Hi there. I know its pretty late but do you still need help with beervana.Wife and I arrive wellington thursday and going to sat evening session.Available to help if needed. Shes pretty clued up but more usefull for donkey work myself.
  • David McKenzie

Hi Steph. I understand you are coordinating the volunteers for BrewNZ. I haven't heard back from anyone yet and was wondering if there was any news/updates for the soba volunteers that I've missed?
  • Beer_ledgend

Hey Steph
    Are you organising stewards again for Beervana this year?

Chris