Whychwood Oxford England
Harringtons
Favorite Bars/Pubs?
The Freehouse nelson
Upper Moutere
Sprig and Fern Brewery backdoor club
The Abbey(rustic charm and craft beers)
About Me:
Been brewing off and on for about 8 years(over a period of 20 years) with long periods of inactivity due to foreign travel, now settled in sunny Nelson just getting geared up again.

Comment Wall:

Load Previous Comments
  • Duncan

Awesome, thanks Evan.
  • Duncan

Hey mate.  Al did a great job on the kegs - I picked them up earlier in the week.  The brewstand is all done now too (minus attaching the final burner) so this weekend the mission is to get everything assembled so I can get everything cleaned and then run some tests, and calibration etc.

I put one keggle together last night, trying to get it water tight so I could soak it in PBW overnight (they were all pretty gross on the inside). My thread taping skills could do with some work, but otherwise it's looking good.  However, I may need to talk with you about some new gaskets for the bulkheads - I think the ones you've given me are a bit too thin - even with two of them I've got a small leak.  I'm going to pull this one apart again and reassemble it, so that could fix it, but I'll let you know.

Hopefully I'll have some photos to upload tomorrow.

• Allen Shaw

Hi Evan  thanks for commenting I was not sure if I had set up the group contact correctly , I have been busy renovating but have some beer in fermentors which should be ok this time , when is the next beer meeting scheduled ? I really enjoyed the last one you took me to , they all seem a good bunch of  blokes (and lady) cheers Allen