Barry

Male

Whangaparaoa

New Zealand

Profile Information:

Favorite Beers?
why epic pale ale of course
Favorite Breweries?
Epic, Galbraiths, Hallertau, Emersons, Yeastie Boys, Numerous American and British micros (not in any particular order) and probably all quality craft breweries in New Zealand.
Favorite Bars/Pubs?
Galbraiths, Hallertau, Brew on Quay

Comment Wall:

Load Previous Comments
  • craig rothwell

Hi Barry, couldn't wait any longer so decided to keg the beer.  Not as bad as I thought, I think a lot of hop debri had attached itself to the side of the glass carboy, so the beer looked full of debri but it was actually not so bad.  I've had a couple of pints straight out of the keg before carbonating it and man, it is pretty damn good, like a soft Epic pale ale (yeah right).  Nice subtle aroma and flavour from the hops, and a bit of a bitter kick after taste.  I'm loving the results of this all grain brewing.  I owe you a few (many) beers for all the help and inspiration.  If you're ever down this way call in any time for beer.  

Stoked.

Cheers

Craig 

• GFbeerGuy

Hi Barry, Im in the process of setting up an electric 50 litre system and im using a hot water cylinder as a mashtun and HLT. Im a bit lost with one idea i have so i thought id ask you, is there a way i could hook up a STC 1000 temp controler to the element in my mashtun so when it comes to increasing mash temp or mashing out i could set my desired temp into the STC 1000 and it flicks the element on untill it reaches my temps and then flicks back off? 

Cheers!

• Stevo

Hey Barry , sorry to bother but what is the finished batch size on your NZ draught recipe posted some time ago - 19 or 23 litres? Cheers , Steve.