Glynn Foster

, Male

Wellington

New Zealand

Profile Information:

Favorite Beers?
You can't beat a Guinness on a good day. However, it needs to be drunk on the west of Ireland in a thatched rural pub with a peat briquette slowly burning on the fireplace. Good times.

Favourite NZ bottle beers at the moment are Yeastie Boys PKB, Three Boys Oyster Stout and Twisted Hop Sauvin Pilsner.
Favorite Breweries?
I've only visited a very few breweries - St.James Gate, Dublin Brewing Company, The Porter House, Speights, Leigh Sawmill Brewing Company, and Emerson's.
Favorite Bars/Pubs?
The Malthouse, Hashigo Zake, Little Beer Quarter, Bar Edward, The Hop Garden
About Me:
All grain brewer with a few years under my belt, started brewing in 2007. Living in Brooklyn, Wellington.

Comment Wall:

• Ian

Hi Glynn, Ian here from Picton, across the water from you. Our little local Irish pub is perhaps as close as you might get to finding som good 'craik' in a Kiwi pub. It is small and is owned by an Irishman and has none of those tacky mailorder plastic leprechauns and jokes you find in bigger franchise type Irish pubs. I'll gaurantee you the Guinness is as good as you'll get anywhere out of Ireland and on Mondays the musicians drift in and they have some good music quite often. Give it a try when you are over.
    Cheers,
    Ian
  • Ian

Well Glynn, give us a call when you come over - for our sins we live right across the road from the Irish pub and I'd be happy to show you the way! Alister and Lizzie who own it sell lots of Guinness - a big part of getting a good pint - and take great care of cleaning the lines etc and making sure all who work there (more often than not Irish folk) know the art of pulling a proper pint, so I doubt you'll be too dissapointed.
    I have dabbled in kit brewing over the years but have almost got my gear together to start full mash. I splashed out on a kegging kit from the Malthouse in Dunedin and Dennis did me a really good deal at $431 delivered - two reconditioned Cornies, regulators , attachment fittings - everything in fact except the CO2 bottle which I managed to get a reconditioned one of locally ($200) but you could hire it.
    Cheers,
    Ian
  • MrC

Hi Glynn. Have you purchased any gear to with your kegs yet? I'm thinking of purchaing some kegs through Hallertau and then sourcing everything else from Craftbrewer. I remember reading that you were looking doing something similar. What sort of setup are you going for?
  • Steve Baker

Classic, I'm laying low this weekend - mostly getting over Of Montreal last night.

I'm tentatively brewing a Saison on the 7th at my place, you could always pop over and help make room in the keg...
  • Steve Baker

check your Sun email...
  • Nathan Ross

Hey mate yeah The Calling is a great album def their best to date. The Hard Road Restrung cover is nice so I'd thought I'd throw it on my profile. Good looking out...actually I'm not only an advocate for quality beer but also quality hip hop as well!
  • Steph

Hi Glynn, I see you are coming to Beervana. I am coordinating the volunteers for BrewNZ. Did you know that if you volunteer for a session, you can get into another for free? Drop me an email at stephaniecoutts@yahoo.com.au if you are interested. I can send you the volunteer form. That will make your ticket free. Steph.
  • Steph

Jealous-making. I love APAs, esp the real thing. Have a great trip and sample heaps. Hopefully see you at Beervana.
  • Steph

Hey - Got your email but can't log into Facebook at work. We will be at Bar Ed on Sat but are not invited to the official event! We were at the Malthouse last night for an unofficial tasting - Sorry we missed you.
  • Dale Cooper

Cool, hopefully Steve gets back to me. How many are you after?
  • Dale Cooper

Ok, if it sorts itself while you are away i'll just get 2 for you and we can sort out $$ later.
  • MrC

Cheers Glynn, I was looking at the stout recipe on your blog the other day and I was surprised how similar the recipe was to mine. Not too surprised that they tasted similar. Thanks for the feedback.
    Here's my recipe if you're interested
  • Stu McKinlay

Not that I'm aware of - we've not even priced them!!

have you seen this: http://hashigozake.co.nz/m_beerlist.html ?