Hawkes Bay Case Swap - Who's Keen ??

• John Pagler

Hi Adrian, most of my brews are going towards getting my draft going but I could prob do a few bottles. Just tested first draft, way too much pressure initially and a bit yeasty as I had to pitch more when it stuck at 1020 - will let you know how it progresses
  • Adrian Tayler

roger that.. I reckon us bay boys should set a date and brew for it... maybe a bbq and a few beers as the swap takes place? maybe early February????
  • John Pagler

I will be back in Europe mid Dec until end of Jan, so 11, 12,13, of Feb would be good for me. Meanwhile when are you free for a beer??
  • Adrian Tayler

I am always free for a beer mate... just finished your "shipwrecked" ale... nice drop.. shall we loosely say end of feb for a case swap and see if anyone else is keen?
  • John Pagler

Crowded House on Sat Feb 27th which leaves the Sun - works well for me as its my weekend off. Checked my brew log on the draft, reckon it needs more time because of the extra yeast I had to put in. 10 more days to wait-bugger!!
  • HBay Masher

Right, I'm in! Lots of time to get my act together.
  • Adrian Tayler

28th Feb at this stage then ?
  • Adrian Tayler

whats happening here guys? are we on?
  • Fairlane

Yeah should be available for something provided I'm not working....
  • John Pagler

Major cock up with the 'case swap' brew, did not add the irish moss and after 7 weeks it is still cloudy. It will taste good, will just have to pretend its a wheat beer!! Apart from that I am still on.

• Adrian Tayler

we should work it to the same or close date to the NZ CS7... ??
  • HBay Masher

I am in at this stage guys.  Do we have a venue or just park up by the skate bowl?  Sorry but my place is out .......

• Adrian Tayler

the bowl sounds good.. we can sell our brews to the school kids....

My place might be a go.. lets set a date and get brewing and decide on the finer details later??

• Adrian Tayler

shall we say last weekend of March?
  • Fairlane

I'm keen still but alas, I'm working but should be able to make it in the evening....
  • John Pagler

If its 26/27 March then I am up for it
  • Sparky

Oops just seen this....a bit late, however here I am
  • Briggs Brewery

Hi Adrian,

been a while, my laptop crashed a few months ago and i've just got a new one so I haven't been online for a while. worst thing was I lost my recipes just after I started BIAB (with some success!). anyway I'll keep an eye out on RealBeer for any other meets in HB. cheers

Troy

• Adrian Tayler

There is some good news and some bad news in your message mate but great work... I am always keen to hook for a beer and even more keen on a swap of some sort.. there seems to be a few of us in the bay now so it shouldnt be hard to rally up a case swap.. email me if you are keen so we can get some numbers together. secure@garytayler.co.nz

Cheers

• Nathan Murrell

Count me in...I'll have to start sorting out a few more recipes other than your GA Adrian haha! Anyone have a good Pilsner recipe?!? :)
  • Nathan Murrell

Hey guys, It's coming up christmas and what better excuse for a meet and greet. Anyone keen and got any ideas? Was thinking along the lines of a beer or two somewhere.

• Adrian Tayler

Keen as.

• John Pagler

Sorry guys not around until the 23rd how about after Xmas?
  • Nathan Murrell

Ok....it's now officially after christmas and I've got the next week off. Shall we try again?

• Adrian Tayler

Yep, keen as.. set a date.

• John Pagler

Worked like a dog last week - guess I missed the beer. Down in Wellington tomorrow and wed to sample a few at the Fork and Brewer and Hashigo Zaki. Anyone up for a beer this weekend?

• Adrian Tayler

I will be around this weekend for a beer or 9.. flick me a text.

• Nathan Murrell

I could try find some time Saturday...unfortunately working Sunday.

• John Pagler

Ok guys do you fancy coming to mine for a couple? I'm a bit short on the Pale but there is enough of the rest to go around