International Beer swap

I am currently starting up an international beer swap with the USA. I have two people, Chris and Shane from New Mexico who are investigating the american side of the operation, such as State and Federal Laws. 

At this stage we are still planning, but we are interested in contributions from everyone.

As things develop they will be posted to this group. We are hoping that the future will lead to a chapter in each state.

looking forward to hearing from you all.

Cheers Paul

Load Previous Comments
  • Paul Wicksteed - another1

Cheers MacPatches

Time to start cracking into this project with a bit more vigor. One of the biggest hurdles has been funding to cover the costs of shipping beer all over the world. So in order for this to take off there needs to be a revenue stream.

There has been discussions about a monthly membership fee, but it is still early days and no formal structure has been setup yet. So no need to dip into your pockets yet, lets see if we get this thing self funding first.

My first idea for a revenue stream is via youtube with advertising, inspired by my wife who's youtube channel that generates on average $USD4 / day. So I am after people to star / contribute to a video, inspired by this video http://youtu.be/Xh2oDdTHXQU but instead centered around the phrase "I want to try your beer".

So far I have some people here, in the US, Netherlands, and Australia ready to film their piece. If you want to contribute please do so, the more the merrier, go nuts with it, in advertising sex and humor sells, but remember its still a public domain video and we don't want it flagged. It would be great to not only get the phrase "I want to try your beer" but also something about your own beer, or what you like about brewing etc. Include in the background, your brew setup or favorite bar, and film in high resolution, this video will be produced in HQ.

The video will be used to promote international beer swapping via youtube.com/time4another1, to attract new members, gain momentum and hopefully provide a revenue steam to help with shipping costs and make this idea work.

Looking forward to seeing your videos

we now have a twitter account @interbeerswap, and an email address interbeerswap@gmail.com, the New Zealand chapter is also setup on twitter @interbeerswapnz