Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Information

yeast trading

if you have any strains to offer or want a particular strain,then post it here and see if anyone has anything to trade

Members: 34
Latest Activity: Mar 28, 2017

Discussion Forum

Starter sizes with slants

Started by Cain Harland. Last reply by Cain Harland Sep 28, 2016. 3 Replies

I'm trying to figure out what size flasks to buy and having a hard time finding any kind of definitive answer for what size steps to build up the starter in. I will be using the whole slant not just…Continue

Is a pressure cooker entirely necessary

Started by Cain Harland. Last reply by Peter Smith Sep 28, 2016. 8 Replies

Is a pressure cooker entirely necessary for sterilizing slant vials etc? or does a pot with a false bottom boiling away get the job done. We are talking about single celled organisms that thrive at…Continue

Yeast Washing

Started by Peter Smith Sep 21, 2016. 0 Replies

I am a bigger fan of building huge starters and harvesting before fermentation on a beer, but here is a great how to yeast washing video.  Good for Lager washing.…Continue

1469 West Yorshire Yeast

Started by Peter Smith Sep 20, 2016. 0 Replies

Have some if people want to swapsies....     250ml bottle ready to Pitch,  its never been under beer, rather harvested from starters etc....   looking for some as clean 1272...Continue

Comment Wall

Comment by martin w on February 8, 2014 at 10:19am

i use screw cap vials from labwarehouse,not sure what size-they were the cheapest ones

Comment by martin w on February 8, 2014 at 10:22am

you can slant anything,your reheydrated yeast will work,any bottled conditioned beer(strain id might be an issue though) slurry from someone elses brew etc what type of strains are you looking for?theyre tucked away at the back of the fridge at the moment

Comment by Pete Harrow on February 10, 2014 at 10:37am

Hi, thanks for the info Martin.

I will start with the dry yeasts that I have here, that'll be things like US-05, T-58 & a couple of the mangrove jacks strains.

I am after some Wheat beer yeast, a couple of lager yeasts (will be moving to lagering in the next few months) & any english ale yeast strains. Cheers :)

Comment by Peter Smith on February 10, 2014 at 11:04am

I have 2 Wyeast larger yeasts in live prod, I have 2124 under a james p beer (will be another 3-4 weeks before rack) and the munch larger 2308, both have done one gen after big 5L+ starters.    I am racking off the 2308 and will brew another lager possibly tonight, maybe tomorrow if home early enough.   I will collect a large jar for you and put into fridge if you are interested PM me.   I plan to keep both online going forward.   The hydro sample from the munich helles tastes real nice, no off flavours.

Comment by Peter Smith on April 1, 2014 at 10:03am

Hi ,  I am after a bottle of beer that used 1084 irish ale yeast to build up a starter from,  I can swap for a bottle of lager   either 2124 or 2308...

PM me thanks if keen

Comment by Peter Smith on June 20, 2014 at 8:05am

I have some Wyeast 1275 Thames valley ale    looking to swap for  some WL530 Abbey ale yeast for my leffe clone...  PM me 

also have wyeast london ale and 1272 both still in smack pack,   can break open and do starters if anyone interested in a a swap    AKL based

Comment by Cain Harland on July 31, 2014 at 2:35pm

I have a bottle of 1/2 trub 1/2 beer from a wit I brewed a while back with wyeast 3463 Forbidden Fruit in the fridge that I had been saving. But I have completely gone off Belgian style beers. So free to a good home. I'm guessing its been there 6 months to a year so should still have plenty of live yeast for a re culture if anyone wants it.

In Napier.

Comment by Peter Smith on August 18, 2014 at 4:53pm

Has anyone in AKL got any Wyeast 1007 German ale yeast they could swap? 

Comment by Peter Smith on February 4, 2015 at 7:25am

I have or will have in next few weeks a bit of 565, 007 , 3711 ,1968 (London ESB), 3068, MJ27 I am looking to re acquire 1084 and any UK ale yeasts ....   PM me

Comment by Mr Agsy on February 27, 2015 at 1:28am

Hi peter, I will have some WLP 530 ready in a few weeks as I'm also doing a leffe clone this weekend.. I'm looking for some WYEAST 3068 for my first attempt at a Belgian wheat..

Comment

You need to be a member of yeast trading to add comments!

Members (34)

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service