Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Information

yeast trading

if you have any strains to offer or want a particular strain,then post it here and see if anyone has anything to trade

Members: 34
Latest Activity: Mar 28, 2017

Discussion Forum

Starter sizes with slants

Started by Cain Harland. Last reply by Cain Harland Sep 28, 2016. 3 Replies

I'm trying to figure out what size flasks to buy and having a hard time finding any kind of definitive answer for what size steps to build up the starter in. I will be using the whole slant not just…Continue

Is a pressure cooker entirely necessary

Started by Cain Harland. Last reply by Peter Smith Sep 28, 2016. 8 Replies

Is a pressure cooker entirely necessary for sterilizing slant vials etc? or does a pot with a false bottom boiling away get the job done. We are talking about single celled organisms that thrive at…Continue

Yeast Washing

Started by Peter Smith Sep 21, 2016. 0 Replies

I am a bigger fan of building huge starters and harvesting before fermentation on a beer, but here is a great how to yeast washing video.  Good for Lager washing.…Continue

1469 West Yorshire Yeast

Started by Peter Smith Sep 20, 2016. 0 Replies

Have some if people want to swapsies....     250ml bottle ready to Pitch,  its never been under beer, rather harvested from starters etc....   looking for some as clean 1272...Continue

Comment Wall

Comment by martin w on July 18, 2012 at 8:25pm

i was looking to get some more screwtop vials from labwarehouse maybe 50.i'm open to others though if anyone has any other preferences

Comment by Robert McLeod on June 30, 2013 at 9:06pm

Does anyone have wy1764 (pacman)?

Comment by Pete Harrow on February 6, 2014 at 11:03pm

Hi guys

I am looking to start my yeast library, just about to order all the lab equipment required, but was wondering about "borrowing" a slant of whatever everyone has, if I offer to keep a number of slants for whoever wants them in the future? Short of that, I'm looking for anyone to do a bulk buy with some other users?

Comment by martin w on February 7, 2014 at 7:52am

do you mean borrowing the strain or the actual slant?i'm due to reslant my collection soon so you can have whichever strain/s you want as long as your in no rush-i'm building my own place at the moment so my brewing activities have been dormant for a while

Comment by Peter Smith on February 7, 2014 at 8:43am

keen to be involved.

I got prices for everything from the ellerslie place but ran out of time and cash , reinterested again ,   also interested in the gycol and freeze method.

Comment by Pete Harrow on February 7, 2014 at 9:31am

Hey Peter, what place in Ellerslie? Ive been on trademe (with mixed luck) & found a couple of companies that sell to the education sector (luckily I have a couple of teacher mates, so will get them at extreme discount)

Martin, really I will only need the strain, after that I will make my own streaks & slants. I am looking to just use the refrigeration method, so I'm well aware that I will need to re-slant every 6 months. What strains do you have?

Up till now I have always used dry yeasts & hydrated them prior to pitching, the need came about to do this when I started making an imperial stout & suddenly the yeast bill alone was $21 for a 23L batch

Comment by Peter Smith on February 7, 2014 at 10:39am

http://www.alphatech.co.nz/

I rang them and they must supply brewing industry....  they had everything I wanted...

Comment by Robert McLeod on February 7, 2014 at 10:55am
You could also try labwarehouse.co.nz
Comment by Peter Smith on February 7, 2014 at 11:20am

agree they have good stuff too but I live close to Alpha so there was a) no freight costs and b) I could go and eyeball the goods.    If we really wanted enough I think Allibaba may also be a good option...

Comment by Pete Harrow on February 7, 2014 at 2:59pm

Just out of curiosity, most of the instructional videos I have seen use 12ml Screw cap Vials, what do you guys use for your slants?

Comment

You need to be a member of yeast trading to add comments!

Members (34)

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service