Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Information

Wellington

Wellington, the beer capital of New Zealand! A place for Wellington residents (and wannabe Wellington residents) to share information and beer.

Members: 73
Latest Activity: Jun 11, 2017

Discussion Forum

"Free" Handpump at Bar Edward

Started by Stu McKinlay. Last reply by Stu McKinlay Mar 8, 2010. 4 Replies

WBC Tasting Notebook

Started by Matthew. Last reply by Matthew Feb 11, 2010. 2 Replies

Wellington Brewers Meetup

Started by Glynn Foster. Last reply by Mike Neilson Oct 24, 2009. 12 Replies

Comment Wall

Comment by Glynn Foster on September 29, 2009 at 4:50pm
I don't think you're going to escape moneygreedy companies easily - unless you get something like the GPhone where you at least have some control (not much!). I find phones aren't much good for remote working, and prefer a laptop. Does mean there's more chance of spilling beer on it! Works well though - http://www.forum.realbeer.co.nz/photo/remote-working?context=user
Comment by David Wood on September 29, 2009 at 5:09pm
Hashigo has had free Wi-Fi since day one... It'll come in handy when I get my Google Android phone.
Comment by Herman van Kradenburg on October 22, 2009 at 10:01pm
Hi Guys. We're promoting the Kapiti Food Fair. Neil Miller will be doing a beer tasting event. Tuatara have confirmed, and we're working on the other boutique breweries. If you haven't tried Namibia Breweries' products, come have a look (and taste...)
Herman (The BeerBoys)
Comment by Steph on November 5, 2009 at 4:00pm
Jonny and I are probably up for a beer o'clock beverage. Have you been to Hashigo Zake yet?
Comment by Steph on November 5, 2009 at 7:09pm
Also thought you'd probably want to go somewhere with your beer on tap - I know it was on at the Malthouse, and is on at Bar Ed. I'll prob finish work 4:45ish, and it will take me 15 min or so to Hashigo, 20 to Bar Ed. Reckon at both places you'll bump into a few other real beerers!!
Comment by Steph on November 5, 2009 at 8:05pm
We live Bar Ed. Our local. Let's meet 5ish at Hashigo and go from there. See you then.
Comment by David Wood on November 5, 2009 at 8:31pm
Go to both....
Comment by Soren on November 6, 2009 at 8:22am
Mate, are you gonna be in town till Sunday? I can't make it over to Welly myself but 2 kegs of 8 Wired Brewing's brown ale are on the boat as we speak, there will be a sneak premiere at the WBC event at the Malthouse on Sunday, including a free pint for the entrants, support crew etc.
that's a little trick I learned in "drug dealing 101" at uni: the first one is free... nah, it may sound cheesy but I'd like to give some back to the real beer community, I've received a lot of help and inspiration from here.
Comment by Reviled on November 6, 2009 at 8:36am
Does that mean I get my pint sent up to auckland as im entering ;o)
Comment by Steph on November 6, 2009 at 8:40am
David, eminently sensible idea.
Soren, woohoo...Am looking forward to it. Am entering a "training wheels" pale ale that Mike taught us how to brew with.

Comment

You need to be a member of Wellington to add comments!

Members (72)

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service