Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

As chosen by Tom, the next style for the WBC will be a dry stout. This is the style that won Champion Beer at the SOBA National Home Brew Championships last November (by yours truly).

http://www.bjcp.org/2008styles/style13.php#1a

I've posted my recipe under the Real Beer SOBA homebrew thread if you care to have a go. Hallertau will be brewing it in March (although I doubt it will be ready for the competition).

Thanks again to Hallertau for hosting us. 
The rules are simple: $10 entry, winner takes all, 3rd place chooses next style. Judging starts at 3PM

I hope to start an email list where I can send out reminders on dates or changes. Let me know if you want to be added to the list (nzbeeriq at gmail dot com)

See you there and good luck. 

Views: 344

Replies to This Discussion

Cheers Barb.  Love your cheeky humble brag there.  Good form, milk it as much as you can, I say ;)

Sorry I couldn't get to the WBC just gone, but I'm aiming to have something for the next.

Gutted- Auckland Regatta clashs with this - so I won't make it- might see if Si and I  can make a beer all the same though.

Didn't make the last come either- We had made a beer for it too!

Just a reminder that this is less than 2 weeks away. Let me know if you plan to enter

Cheers & good luck

I'm in!  See you there.

Yep I'm in with one. Bru will be there with two.

I should be there too :) Even if the stout isn't as black as I had hoped!

By hook or by crook I'll be there. With an entry, this time.

I'm in. Wife and I made a batch for Paddy's Day and managed to keep three bottles :-) 

Disclaimer. Made in Anatole's kit.

I would've been sailing with him but tore calf muscle. Still flying the flag for Sailors Brewing. 

Congratulations to Tom who won today"s competition! Appropriate considering he chose the style. 

3rd place went to Maree who has chosen a Robust Porter as the next style. This will take place in mid July - perfect for the season.

I will post more statistics once I am sober. Thanks to all who entered. And of course, huge thank to Hallertau for hosting us.

Cheers

Thanks for organising again Barb, I had a great afternoon.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service