Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Okay: Dunc, who won 3rd place in the Epic Pale Ale clone war, chose Newcastle Brown as the next clone. While I think this is an excellent beer - one I have wanted to try to brew, Dunc's research suggests the beer is actually a blend between two beers: an Old Ale and an Amber Ale.

With this in mind, I would like to know how many of you had planned on brewing this style or if you were agreeable to a change. 

The suggestion was to instead brew a SMaSH of any style. 

Thoughts?

You have until 20Feb to weigh in. Check back here for decision.

Views: 718

Replies to This Discussion

I would like to do a Timothy Taylor Landlord clone one day if someone who gets to decide can't....

I'm keen still. I'll be brewing the old ale this weekend - 2 months aging in secondary is the easy part :)

Awesome. Then I'm in too.

Happy to take your money...about time I did.

Your right, it is about time...but not this time!! haha

See you at the Saison session.

Found this...first google hit for "Newcastle Brown Ale Clone"
Newcastle Brown Ale — called simply Newkie by many fans of this ale — is actually a blend of two beers. Brewers blend a strong, dark ale that has been aged and a smaller, younger amber ale. As a consequence, this average-strength brown ale shows some plum and raisin characteristics more frequently encountered in an old ale. The strong dark beer is not sold separately, but the amber ale is (as Newcastle Amber Ale). 

Looks like we'll be using the same recipe dude. Game on!!

A SmaSh to a style would be cool.

Neither Simon or Myself are keen on doing a NewCastle Brown...

Brewed The Old Ale last night...Nookie Broon on the way.

Well done - brewed mine last week and I'm looking forward to drinking it. 2 months is gonna be a loooong wait!

is NBA the confirmed clone beer?   I am keen just want confirmation

Oh yeah. Sorry - I figured from the responses it was pretty obvious we were sticking to the clone. 

Cheers

cool,  I really like NBA   simple beer, sad to hear they colour it but so goes commercial brewing...   I have a plan will brew it in next few days.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service