Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Mt. Maunganui Brewers

Information

Mt. Maunganui Brewers

Wondering if any home brewers in the mount area would like to start a group, perhaps a monthly tasting/discussion would be fun.......

Members: 19
Latest Activity: Jul 6, 2016

Discussion Forum

Mount Brewing Company Homebrewers meeting this Thursday 22/8/13

Started by mattd2. Last reply by JumpR Aug 25, 2013. 8 Replies

Saw in the paper on the weekend that Mount Brewing Company is having a homebrewers meeting this Thursday (22/8/13) at 7:30pm (I have to check the time!)I'm going to try and get along to it, just…Continue

Monthly get together & Case swap

Started by mattd2. Last reply by mattd2 Jul 2, 2013. 39 Replies

So looking back it looks like the last time a get together was organise was about a year ago. I was thinking about New Year's resolutions today and thought I should really get out there and met some…Continue

Liquorland Spring Fest 2012

Started by mattd2. Last reply by mattd2 Nov 9, 2012. 4 Replies

So is anyone going this time round? What was this last one like, had a look at the phtots on facebook and it looked good = lots of standing round drinking good beer!Interested in the lineup, looks…Continue

Gladfield Malt

Started by Arron. Last reply by Scott Lyon Aug 24, 2012. 3 Replies

Hey guysAny all grain brewers here?Im getting 2x 30kg sacks of Gladfield Malt delivered but can get upto 300kg for the same shipping costs.Is anybody keen for any? $50 + gst per 30kg + share of…Continue

Comment Wall

Comment by Rhyno on August 4, 2011 at 11:16pm

Congrats Matt, nice to see you went with the home birth, we did the same.

Look forward to catching up for a drink or two :)

Comment by Scott Lyon on August 5, 2011 at 8:57am
Congratulations! 10 lbs 10oz thats a biggun! Boy or girl?
Comment by mattd2 on August 5, 2011 at 8:25pm

Cheers guys. We got a boy this time around, our first son. Got 2 girls already so the family starting to balance out now.

Our first home birth, pretty awesome experience.

Comment by Scott Lyon on August 22, 2011 at 1:43pm

Hi guys, Just posted some pics of our new larger BIAB kettle and chiller if anyone interested, still waiting for the thermometer so haven't brewed in it yet, also got some 30 mm foam insulation to go around it yet, busy time for us at the mo, otherwise we would have organized a meeting already, sorry about that ! But we'll get there soon. 

Cheers 

Scottie

Comment by Braden Rowson on September 1, 2011 at 10:17pm

Hi guys, new to brewing but definately got the bug now.  Been doing extract brews for the past six months and now looking to go full grain.  slowly getting my kit together with a mate and keen to learn all I can and get any advice that would be helpful from those who have refined their process.  Was wondering if you guys would be keen on doing a case swap?

cheers Braden

Comment by Reviled on September 2, 2011 at 7:47am

Hey Braden, my advice mate, have a read of my PDF on how to BIAB found here -http://brewerscoop.co.nz/biab.html

Then, once youve started brewing AG beers, why not enter the full national case swap?

Comment by Scott Lyon on September 2, 2011 at 1:16pm

Hi Braden, As you can see this is only a new group and we haven't met yet but Im sure we could give you some tips to get you going, personally I have only done BIAB brewing (10 brews or so). We found it surprising how easy it was to get good results using this method, even with no experience. Other folk seem to like our beers too, (so it's not just rose colored glasses!) 

We are also keen to do some swaps, will try to organize it when we all meet up. In the mean time good luck with your gear! 

Scottie

Comment by Scott Lyon on September 2, 2011 at 9:10pm

OK, We have finally got organized ! Sunday arvo the 11th of sept. for the inaugural Maunganui brewers tasting! We know that home brew doesn't travel that well so we are happy to put on 4-5 different beers we have brewed for everyone to try, however feel free to bring some of your own brew to share,only if you want to. Just come along and we can all meet and have a chat about what we are up to, You can also have a look at our equipment such as it is! 

If someone else is keen to host a similar event next month then we can organize it then. This is what it's all about! Grassroots brewing!

Please post if you are keen and can make it so we know how many will be there. 

Cheers

Scottie

Comment by Rhyno on September 2, 2011 at 9:15pm

Keen as hell bro. Stocks are just about out, but will  bring along a couple of bottles for the cause :)

Just let us know what time and where

Comment by Jaimes Booth on September 2, 2011 at 9:43pm
Sounds good. Three World Cup Rugby matches on the 11th, but beer comes first in my books. I'll bring some of the latest brew. An extract brew, I am afraid. It will be about three weeks shy of it's six week bottle conditioning.

Comment

You need to be a member of Mt. Maunganui Brewers to add comments!

Members (19)

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service