Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Views: 9576

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Another for the yeast section, very basic, and no photos, but a thousand words makes a picture!

Yeast freezing
Hey mate, thanks for the input, I'm half and half on adding this one because it seems to be pretty much the same as the one already listed, and the site is also listed in the sources of the already listed guide.
Fair call, how about adding:

www.proscitech.com.au

They stock the glass vials etc which we don't seem to be able to get here.
Ah shit I looked for ages about a year ago to find something more local than the states for glass vials, never came across that one.

Cheers mate, added.

Not sure what you guys are using your vials for, but I get pre-poured WL-Nutrient slants and plates from Fort Richard Laboratories Ltd for yeast culturing and "banking" if there is such a term... Costs just over $30 for 20 delivered to your door. Is very hassle free on the agar front and the slant glass vials make a good 10ml culture vessel. There address is 12 Huia Rd Otahuhu Auckland You'll need to use the good old fashioned forms of communication though, scary as it may seem... Phone, Fax or personal visit only I believe.
Cheers, good to know. I have been thinking about trying some slants/plates.

We're using the glass vials, with added glycerin, to freeze slurry for future culturing. The guide to freezing yeast link in yeast section above provides some more info if you're interested.
Hey Craig,

Had a talk to Fort Richard and they say they do WL Nutrient and Malt Extract Agar also you can get them in 60 or 90mm whole plates, Frl Large Vials and Bottled Media 50 or 200ml.

What did you find to be the best option?

Thanks
Just found this, thanks to Basic Brewing Radio - http://pint.com.au/calculators

Of particular interest is the hop substitution tool. I'm not sure how good it is, but the recommendations are based on stated sources, so you at least know who to blame.
Thanks, added, having a play with that hop tool now.
Updated with some bottling/kegging stuff.

Still keen to hear any suggestions!
I was browsing through these excellent resources a few weeks ago, and stumbled upon a "brew schedule" - something like
8am start heating water
9am add water to mashtun
etc

I didn't bookmark it... and now, I need it, and can't find it.

Does anyone know of anything like this online?

Cheers

Mike

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service