Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I have read some previous threads on this forum about lpg burners but still have a few questions and would like some recommendations. 

I am about to start brewing 20l batches in a 30l pot. I have a gas hob inside with a wok hob rated at 13,000 BTU but my understanding is that I will probably need something more powerful. My partner would also rather I didn't leave the house smelling like a brewery and so I would preferably like to get a burner I can use outside with our 9kg gas bottle we already have connected to our kitchen hob.

I seems most people use 3-ring burners. Would something like this be what I am after?

This burner does not have a stand so would I need to set it off the ground? Could I just balance it on a couple bricks and then have the pot suspended above it on more bricks?

Also, what kind of regulator do I need? Something like this. Or maybe this. Or would this suffice?

The other option is getting this form Amazon for around $150 delivered but I would rather stay more towards the $100 range total.

Views: 1181

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You may be sorted now... but have a look at this I just tripped across... Link

I really like how the burner has been housed... and no easy way for the pot to tip over.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service