Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

So what is everyone entering?

Going to send in a Vanilla Porter, Dark Mild, and possibly a Pilsner.  More for feedback than any aspirations of getting good scores.

Views: 1739

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thinking about sending a couple of wheat variations, just kegged one now will use the counter pressure filler next week on a couple of bottles and hope like hell it tastes alright, they do say wheat is best enjoyed fresh not sure if this fresh is what they meant though

I've got a couple of beers going in. 1 is pending a test prior to shipping. Theres normally a thread that pops up after the comp of successful beers their ratings and sometimes the recipes.

Never mind AFTER the competition, that's boring! If you follow @soba_nhc on twitter, you'll know who won medals as they are judged. :)

You'll also be able to log in to nhc.soba.org.nz and see your scanned scoresheet as soon as it's been judged too. No more waiting ages for mailouts.

SOBA. Bringin' the tech, yo.

Some people have a Superbowl party, some an election results party.

Me...an NHC party! Watch the results roll in and taste the brews you sent at the same time. What could be better?!

this years going to be epic greig! 

I always look forward to the recipe thread that pops up, definitely some good pointers to take away as well from it. aiming for a medla or two this year. fingers crossed.

I'm entering a Belgian pale ale, a NZ pilsner and probably one that is right on the line between IPA and Imperial IPA, not sure which way to jump. I'm also very much just about getting some feedback and some sort of objective opinion, I'm still getting to grips with my process and so on this year.

Just been sorting my entries out. The list is:

German Pils

American PA (was borderline between IPA and PA)

Brown Porter

ESB

and an Ordinary Bitter

Fingers crossed! And good luck to all

My first post on realbeer and I'm still sorting out what I'll enter, but definitely sending a mead and a braggot. Most of my beers don't fit a style and I have to decide which to enter in the open category.
7 entries paid for and ready to go. Had to drop the braggot as a tasting bottle foamed up and I didn't want to waste my $10, did pop in another mead though. 2 beers in open, 3 in categories and the 2 meads. First year of entering as I've only been brewing for a year and a half so will see how it goes.

What kinds of honey have you been using Gareth?

Just some clover that I got cheap

This year is looking so good! Pretty gutted I usually have about 10 entries, but I'm down to 2 this year with moving cities, renovating and all sorts. Have gotten Bronze and Silver medals 3 years in a row now, chasing that elusive Gold, if I can do it with 2 entries I'll be very happy.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service