Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Does anyone have any idea why my chest freezer works fine when it is plugged in directly to the mains but will not work when the power is intercepted by a temp controller?

a. the temp controller, controls heating and cooling (has been used to power 1200W elements)

b. other applicances work when connected..

Someone mentioned that you have to bypass the thermoatstat on the freezer and controll the compressor with the TC ??

Help please?

cheers, Adrian.

Views: 531

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Rev, you are right about the taps mate. soon enough..
Sorry to hijack, but does anyone know if you can independently temp control each compartment in a fridge/freezer? It would be cool to have the fridge part as a kegerator and use the freezer part for temp-controlled fermentation... Trying to explain to the accountant that I need a fridge AND a chest freezer is proving troublesome.
Try it and see maybe? Id say temp control the freezer part and see what temps the fridge part get up to??

I remember reading that the one compartment actually draws cold air from the other department to work, so if you temp control one area, the other stops functioning as it should... But sadly I dont think you would be able to have completely accurate temp control in both compartments afaik
My two fridge / freezers run of the same compressor, with the cold air from the freezer being used to cool the fridge space also, so technically no I couldn't, but with the help of a heat pad I was able to get more consistency.

Nowadays I have a separate fermentation chambers as it's easier!
In my unit the the freezer is only cooling when the fridge part is and the thermostat runs off the fridge part.

If you can only get one fridge or freezer - how about the son of a fermentation chiller.
I will just get seperate units, but not at the same time. Kegging is more important to me at the moment than lagering, I am loving the ales at the moment so once I have a kegerator set up I can look at lagering gear. Cheers!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service