Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

In today's Herald there was a large ad for a brewery called Boundary Road. They are looking for beer tasting consultants - 999 people to try 3 lager recipes which they will deliver to your home. One lucky person will be chosen to be the Chairman of Tasters and receive a home brewing kit (this is the fancy one discussed in full on this site a couple months back - the bench top $6K one).

I have entered (what the hell - I like beer). Applications are being taken at TheChosenOne.co.nz

Does anyone have further info on this beyond what is in the paper?

Views: 2466

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Is boundary rd brewery just Independent liquor trying to be like a craft brewery?"

Yes!! Dont buy into their marketting bullsh*t!!

They sent me a $5 bill in the post today saying that it's not technically a voucher but they are keeping to their end of the deal , go and threat yourself to a discount box of Boundary Road beer or maybe some gas to get to the store to buy some Boundary Road beer. we trust you'll do the right thing............and I did I grabbed the $4 worth of coins in the glove box popped into New World Silverstream and grabbed a bottle of Craftsman

Haha - I got my 5 bucks today too . Was wondering how many people would actually spend the dosh on their beer - seems to me to be a bit of a marketing flop.

I got $5 too. Everyone'll probably think I'm an egg, but I'm going to get some of their beer with it (if I can fnd it).

Far out though - 22,000 people applied to get free beer. That's a hell of a lot of cash to send in the mail! You'd hope that at least a quarter of them spend it on the beer!

I have heard the Pilsner isn't bad but I've never tried it myself. I always like to try a beer first, then decide if s**t or not! In saying that, the three is got in the post where most definitely pish!!

I got a fiver in the mail last week and decided as BRB kept their end of the deal that I would in the spirit of good faith, spend my "voucher" on a BRB Beer, which I did and purchased a 6 pack of The Chosen One. Also in the same basket at the checkout were Rex Attitude, Bookbinder and Hopwired IPA.

The best outcome of this would be that voucher receivers go out looking for and buy a BRB beer and hopefully notice that there are other NZ beers alongside that are worthy of purchase. 

As one who enjoys many non mainstream beers, I always get excited when new brands come up in conversations as it to me says that people are looking outside the dominant two players.

Well said Sparky.... my sentiments exactly.

My workmate just gave me a bottle of "The Chosen 1" as he had previously found some at New World.

Finally... now I get to see what the fuss was all about, and if the beer is worth the $110,000 of marketing they've put into it!

If you know where you can get a Hop Zombie for $5 you need to share that info;P
Yeah still waiting for my "discount voucher". IF it ever arrives I will be doing the same as Dan. I made the mistake of wasting $12 on a six pack just out of curiosity...never again!!! Tasteless rubbish!
Joseph you can get it from the oakura bottler but I won't be buying anymore. Tried a couple of singles. Wondered why it was shit. I think I will just put it towards my next liberty order - thanks boundary road
these guys think you should donate the boundary road money to buying them another fermentor?? http://garageproject.co.nz/fermenterfund

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service