Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

In today's Herald there was a large ad for a brewery called Boundary Road. They are looking for beer tasting consultants - 999 people to try 3 lager recipes which they will deliver to your home. One lucky person will be chosen to be the Chairman of Tasters and receive a home brewing kit (this is the fancy one discussed in full on this site a couple months back - the bench top $6K one).

I have entered (what the hell - I like beer). Applications are being taken at TheChosenOne.co.nz

Does anyone have further info on this beyond what is in the paper?

Views: 2466

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes but are'nt you the same Dale "HAIL THE DALE" that was the no. 1 top homebrewer in NZ last year, the same Dale (YODA who is having his own award winning DALE ALE launched nationally tommorrow at all SPRIG and FERNS in the TOP of THE SOUTH at 4.PM. the same DALE whom has appeared on many FRONT pages of the NELSON MAIL and THE NELSON LEADER, I do believe there may be some bias prejudging or secret squirrel work going on here as I live not 3 kms from thee and did not recieve any free beer, DAMN IT, BIG freakin UPS to the BELGIAN ALE BY WAY OF HOLLAND and will see you at the launch.
Whoo, I won a chance to win a williams warn as well! :)

I am not so concerned that I did not get chosen to taste what is likely crap beer. I really want a chance at that shiny fermenter! 

I really would like to know if they select the "official tasters" based on some marketing target or if it is random? Anyone have inside info?

I'd wager that they'll target males.

I was amused by the fact that they sent out "Official Beer Tasting Equipment" labelled bottle openers, when the beers supplied had twist-top bottles-caps... Weird.

I just got a reject email...But, the offer of a free beer voucher which I declined by un-subscribing!!  Didn't really want to drink their cheapy beer,  was interested in the prize though.

Have ANY women been accepted or are they related to Alastair Thompson?

Don't worry Steph, I'm assuming I answered all their questions correctly thus they decided I would be able to tell their crappy beer was, well crappy! (Not sore at all about not being a chosen one.)

My partner was accepted, but as she'd already tried the beers with me, and REALLY didn't want to taste them again they were given away.  

I think they're being clever, it's totally random, but they audition far more people than are chosen so it goes "viral". Shame (but not really a surprise) that the beers were so bad after getting so much attention. 

Yay, I got a reject email too, but a discount voucher, wow, my heart pounds...............
Yeah I just got offered the voucher.............I un-subscribed
Just got sent $5 cash by Boundary Road to buy some of their beer..... don't think ill spend it on that.

Is boundary rd brewery just Independent liquor trying to be like a craft brewery? correct me if i'm wrong (i often am)

boundary rd is the "back door" to independent liquor, i have done work across the road at a house movers site.

these are  the people who bought us such little jems as purple goanas, woodstock and who could forget; kiwi lager!

.......................opps gotta go I just did a little spew in my mouth and re-swallowed!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service