Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I'm gradually getting all the bits and pieces together to build a single tier AG rig (similar to this).  Each time I get paid I'm making an effort to buy one or two more pieces in the hope I can be up and running before summer.

I'm looking for a good supplier for SS fittings, ideally in Wellington, but that's not a deal breaker.  I plan to place a reasonably sizeable order too, so a willingness to negotiate on price will definitely help me make a decision.

I've found a US supplier (bargainfittings.com) with several kits made up which are exactly what I'm after, but surely I can find a good supplier closer to home - I'll definitely consider an Aussie supplier too because I'm over there often.

I've listed some of the parts I'm after with links to images.  Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Views: 8237

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ha what a retard, I didn't see the gasket section. Hah I've gone and emailed them, I'll post up what they reckon.

Hey its Evan again, I am a distributor for Wam/Pipeline and can check out the prices on Nitrile food grade camlock seals, they will be cheaper through me, and will price up s/s camlocks as well if you all like.The postage from Nelson will still be cheaper than buying from the counter.The black camlock seals are nitrile but not F Grade nitrile so dont use them as they are designed for oil.My ph no. is 021 277 2859 and any RB members can call for camlocks and seals

What a freakin' legend!

Will do!

Hi Evan,

I spent some time this morning drawing myself a diagram so I could figure out exactly which fittings I need.  I've found a supplier in Aussie (beerbelly.com.au) who can get me everything I need (including the bulkhead kit), but I'd prefer to buy locally if possible.  Here's is what I think is the complete list of the fittings I need to get (all 1/2" S/Steel):

6 x 3 piece ball valves
4 x 50mm bulkhead kit (coupling, lock nut, washer and gasket) example half way down this page
6 x male cam lock -> male BSP
2 x male cam lock -> female BSP
9 x BSP hosetail
8 x female BSP -> female BSP elbow
8 x female cam lock -> male BSP

Regarding the seals, Bobby from brewhardware.com has got a video on youtube about replacing the factory gaskets with high temp food grade ones.  Here's a link which skips straight to the gasket discussion (the earlier part of the video is about putting elbows on the female ends, which is what I plan to do too).  He talks about using size #210 silicone O rings, available from oringsandmore.com (Direct link to product).  USD$3.40 (+postage) for 25 of them is dirt cheap.

If you don't have any luck sourcing food grade seals, I'm tempted to get 50 sent over from the States, and would be happy to distribute them to anyone who needs some.

Finally, I went into HCD today on your recommendation and they don't seem to be able to help me much.  Also, they are super expensive.  For example, they can get the ball valves but RRP is $96 each (yeah, they're dreaming).  The guy offered 33% discount when I said I wanted 6, but that's still $62 each (and I can get them for AU$30).  They were no help with the camlocks though, and strangely they don't stock any washers or nuts (he reinforced this several times).

I got a quote from Anzor 1/2 inch BSP 3 piece ball valve's $26
Nice.  It's going to be a challenge to find a better price than that!
Wow... that's a crazy price. I got a quote a year ago and it was $19.94 + gst for a 1/2" 2 piece ball valve.
That price is for 10 valves Im build a couple of stainless fermenters as well
HI I will look into this tommorrow for you, not too convinced that o rings will seal for long as they dont have the surface area, we deal with a company that may be able to stamp some hi temp food grade numbers out for us brewers, sorry about HCD, but I thought at least you could get a feel for camlocks, will check with Dale and find out where he got his quick couplers from as they didnt cost te earth, speak soon Evan
Awesome, thanks very much.

I recently bought 50 (just to be on the safe side ... ) of the #210 o-rings from oringsandmore.com so if anybody wants a few then give me a shout.  They have a 1 inch outside diameter but don't fit as snuggly into the groove of the 1/2 inch female camlock as Bobby's video would seem to indicate (they flap around a little and with some vigorous shaking will fall out).

I can vouch for Evan (through Dale) in Nelson... just AWESOME! :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service