Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Anybody tried that brewcraft no rinse sanitizer? I can't get starsan anywhere so im looking for a good alternative. Preferably no rinse like starsan. It just looks like it saves alot of time and hassle.

Thanks

Views: 4720

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

FWIW Five Star quoted me freight charges of US$280 for a case of 32 oz. bottles of Starsan a couple of months ago. The freight is 4.5x the cost of the product!

I've opted to use Oxonia (oxyperacetic acid) instead and it's far less costly.

Great got a quote form Five Star, and yes the freight is a killer, divided into the units, it triples the per unit costs.

I was informed that BrewCraft stopped bringing it in, due to not enough stores selling it, they still bring in PBW from Five Star, so why not Star Sans seeing there are so many people that want it. Everybody needs to send an email to BrewCraft and ask them to restock it.

lets start a star sans revolution, and demand a simple on rinse sanitizer, to free our beer from bacteria.

info@brewcraft.net

(don't use the NZ email address, it bounces back)

Heres a thought - Give Five star a US address and see what it costs, you may be very surprised!!

The guys I know at the paintball shop avoid getting stuff from the states all the time, as they can buy the same things through asian based US companies and pay a fraction of the freight.

The reality is this - Most american companies charge an arm and a leg to ship outside of the USA as they like to ignore the fact the rest of the world exists lol, but, there is a company set up where you can register a US shipping address, and the said company then forwards on your items at a reasonable price - it was initially set up for people buying from companies that don't ship outside of USA, but also has its benefits with saving a bit on postage. My dad has one and uses it all the time getting car parts from the states...

Just a thought?

That does sound like a good idea, well worth looking into, cheers
I have looked into those US reshipping sites and have not yet found one that I thought charged reasonable freight... But I am sure it could be a good option if there is one that has cheap shipping to NZ.
Yeah I cant be sure re exact prices as I havent done it myself, but my old man indicated it saves him a sh*t load in shipping...

I think you are going to have to make a trade off on delivery time vs cost. Regardless of who ships it a carton of goods from FiveStar is going to cost a lot for airmail/air freight due to dimensional weight costs.  Otherwise it is going to take 6 weeks by surface.

Ross at Craftbrewer.com.au has fairly sensible shipping to NZ and his pricing works out pretty fairly if you are keen on StarSan.

Myself - I am happy with Oxonia for ease of use (though I wear a respirator, gloves and goggles when I open the the 20L jug and that's not always so fun).

Yeah I am thinking that I might just stick with Ross as well, or change to something else. I am going to look into Bongo International for freight forwarding and see how it pans out, just for a comparison.

GABF is starting soon, so I could always jump on a plane and bring it back after 3 days of beer tastings, Five Star is in Colorado at least I am in the right state ;) 

because it's a rip off...

I'd sell the worlds best no rinse sanitiser - peroxacetic acid, but it's a classified hazardous substance and thus cannot courier it safely with our regular couriers. Techincally, Iodophor is too - but the bottles we use resists it so it's a lot safer to move around. We could use Chemcouriers - but their miniumum freight is around 250kg... so not an option.

All I can suggest is to use the diluted version of Iodophor that Stu posted, it works for me. And Stu.

Just get a CRT card and order thru them. The likes of Ecolab supply a variety of products to the dairy industry. That's how i get my Oxonia Active in 25 litre containers and at 3%solution it lasts yonks..

Woops. Just seen post below by Des Ross below who clearly knows his onions.

Anyone seen the movie "Paul?" Excellent stuff...........

I can only talk from my own experience, but have used Citrox sanitiser from Brewer's Coop for nearly two years, and never had a problem. About 2/3 the price of Starsan also.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service