Want to place an ad email firstname.lastname@example.org
$50+GST / month
Dont know who organising or much more about it. They have a facebook page... you could ask them for some more info on there? There are photos of Wigram, Mikes, Renaissance,Moa and Cassels up there so there may be a good representation of NZ craft beer?
I really hope there's some craft there; I was given tickets. Now the big question is...do we get glass or plastic ;)
They have reached out to the SOBA exec via Geoff Griggs, and the initial info pack makes it look very much like a) their hearts and brains are in the right place, and b) this will be a pretty special festival. Be excited. I am! :)
We've been talking to them... they definitely want to make it about craft beer.
They're keen to get brewers there too, so it might be your chance to "meet your maker".
I predict the festival organiser will answer some of your questions right here...
This site's administrator hasn't pressed the button on his account yet, so here's a message from Callam Mitchell:
Hi guysThis festival is being run by a company called Team Event. We're a new business - an events company made up of 6 event management and production companies who all share a common goal of creating series of top annual events for the city, particularly post–earthquake with the city being starved of entertainment and events. We have successfully staged the New World Wine & Food Festival earlier this month in Hagley Park, with the Great Kiwi Beer Festival being our next project.Some other things about us:
- We will be serving beer in glass, plastic was never an option
- We don't know much about brewing beer, but we know how to drink it. We've been doing it for a while, and we know the difference between a Dunkel and a Stout
- We want to help raise the profile of the craft brewing industry
- We don't mind watching the Tui Blonde ad on TV, but we don't drink their beer
- We think being able to trademark the word Radler is like being able to trademark the word waterThat's who we are, so now onto the event itself.The Great Kiwi Beer Festival is a celebration of the NZ brewing industry. The major (and central) focus of the festival is around the NZ Craft brewing scene. We're not discriminatory against the major breweries, and they will have a presence at the event. We're in the process of signing up breweries at present, and will have approx 30 to announce early in the new year. Any major brewery attending will be from a brand experience aspect, and only representing their premium brand/s.Other elements of the festival include:
- Beer Seminars - which will involve theatre style sessions from some well known industry names
- The Brewers Table - smaller and more informal two way discussions with brewers about beer
- Chefs Kitchen – Cooking exhibitions featuring beer inspired recipes
- The World of Beer – Sampling from some of the worlds leading craft beer producers
- Gourmet Food and Beer matching
- Music Stage – Featuring The Black Seeds & more to be announcedThe festival is designed to be entertaining and informative - a focus on tasting and appreciation, and just a good day out. A piss up in the park is what we're not, and those attending for that reason will be sorely disappointed.Tickets for this went on sale at the beginning of December, and to date we have sold over 1000 (albeit at early bird pricing) with very little marketing which shows there is pretty good interest out there for the event.Hope this gives a bit of an overview, but please post here if you have any questions or email us at email@example.comCheers!