Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

2014_0123_2048_31.jpg 

2014_0123_2048_11.jpg 

Ex hot water cylinder, 2 elements which from memory are a 2kw and a 2.5kw. Pickup tube (1/2in) and bottom outlet (3/4in) for dumping and cleaning. No valves sorry, and elements will not be wired to plugs. Full copper inner, original insulation and skin. Silicone sealant round the top to keep liquid and nasties out. Could do with a good clean as per pics.  

Have used this for the last 4 years and its been great, but not big enough now so have upgraded to 180 litre for the extra headspace. Max finished batch size in this one is about 80 litres..

Make me a reasonable offer and it's yours. Would prefer to have it go to a brewer rather than a scrappy!

Views: 624

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Where are you based

In Auckland - Mt Wellington

Thanks - interesting that you boil in it . I have a hot water cylinder chopped in half. One is HTL (with elements) The other is the mash tun - works a treat.

That's exactly the rest of our system too. Boiling in it works really well, only downside is the elements get in the way of a good whirlpool so it tends to need a little more settling time before running off than it might otherwise.

Shame your not near by I am in New Plymouth - I could use a larger HTL

180l, that's a LOT of beer man!

Still sticking with the hot water cylinder/copper or using something else now?

I just scrapped my copper stuff and bought stainless with the scrap cash :) Too hard to keep clean and I wanted them to be shiny which after spending their life as hot water cylinders they were never going to be short of an acid bath. Onwards and upwards. Still keen to come check out your system sometime!

Still going with the copper - we found the best way to clean them up really nicely was to fill them with starsan and leave them for a day or so - certainly not the cheapest way to do it but it works a treat.

And yes, 180L is a lot of beer - the main issue was headroom really since there's now four of us so we need a finished batch size of around 90L. Doing that volume in a 100L kettle was just a recipe for messy boil-overs... I also wanted the extra volume just in case we wanted to do an extra big batch of something.

You're welcome anytime Barry - next session will just be kegging the current batch (Yakima Monster copy) probably towards the end of next week. Flick me a text/PM if you're keen.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service