Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hey guys,

Following up a long discussed project of manufacturing plastic conical fermenters in NZ.  Nicolas Jones (from the forum) has bought it and is well on his way to getting them into production! 

http://www.forum.realbeer.co.nz/profile/NicholasJones  (I hope the link works...)

I'd like to give him and his partner a very warm thank you for picking this up and taking it forward.  They have a huge amount of drive and energy and I wish them all the very best with it.  Congratulations mate!

Nick's an industrial designer with a great eye for detail and understanding of the industrial processes, equipment and tooling.  He is looking to make a fantastic high quality product and I look forward to putting my order in shortly.

He's a bloody good brewer too, with some really interesting brews under his belt.  Made an awesome twist to a stout that I'm looking at tinkering with very soon!  Sorry Grant, but it's as good as your Scotch Ale.

Anyone with queries please feel free to hit him up and I'm sure he'll post up on here when he has things under control.   I'm quite amazed at how far he has taken it in a few short weeks, especially as he's running his own business too, baby in tow and building a brewery haha.  Legs, lid, seals and clamps are being detailed and priced as well as minor mods to the tanks.  Very impressive!

Fingers crossed this is just his first project and he'll roll into mash tuns, chillers, grain mills and maybe log splitters (I would like a hydraulic log splitter).

All the very best Nick!

Liam

Views: 10045

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey David, a ball park on where I think retailers would be selling these would be around $350 for the 30L and $420 for the 70L. The units as delivered will have stainless 2-piece valves and fittings to accompany the stainless legs, lid and latches. Thanks for the question, Cheers

also, just a quick render of how the final product is shaping up.. the easy bits drawing it, the hard bit is paying for our first order...any bankers on here? ;) 

Cheers Darren, I was kinda taking the piss. But I hear you, the crowdfunding route is getting more and more accessible. We are already too deep so you just throw money at it now and do your best to get it out there. Solid business plan right there.

Looking Good Nick!

The bottom dump design is a great idea!!

Ive really been enjoying using this thing. Its super easy to clean, even easier than buckets as you don't have to pour the liquid out. And the sample valve is perfectly positioned to drain the fermenter leaving a minimal amount in the cone… at first I thought Id have to empty the fermenter through the dump but i must only be about half a litre below the sample valve.

The stainless fittings look good too… Good luck with the funding mate… Its a good product!

Hi Nick,

I am a little late in but which retaliers in auckland will stock your fermenter?

Cheers

Chris

Hey Chris, at this stage have spoken to Brewers Coop, no others yet but will be able to update with a full list soon. Got our next lot of off tool parts yesterday, will upload a pic tonight if I remember. Cheers

First of the final off-tool parts, looking the biz

They look awesome well done mate. Quite look forward to grabbing ASAP.

Thanks Chris, will keep the updates coming as it all falls into line. The liquid level on these is not in the right place,but everything else is on the mark. Cheers

Kegged a 1040OG pale ale using all nz Hallertau hops tonight, thought id throw a few pics up of the pressure transfer at work, into 25l sankes. Was pushing beer at 7psi, no seal blowouts, possibly could have gone higher but didnt need to, the flow rate was sweet through 3/8" lines, filled a keg in about 4-5 minutes. Also pic in there of the pressure transfer rig we've slapped on the lid of ours, using a spare 1/2" bulkhead.  We are using pushlock everywhere, and have the tee and tap to the blow-off tube. just shut the valve off and plug pressure in, open the take-off valve and we're away.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service