Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Dual channel temp controllers, free shipping going on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mini-Digital-Temperature-Controller-Thermostat-...

The seller seems to have a lot of them, going for around 25-30 USD with free worldwide shipping. They look just like the ones from craftbrewer, but a much lower price + free shipping. Think I might grab a few :)

Views: 1541

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This looks good at the price! I'd just watch this if you are planning to use a beefy heating element - the rating for these is 10A, whereas I beleive the one from CB is 20A.
I don't think I'd use them for a HLT controller. I had it in mind for ferment control and the likes.
if my maths and physics knowledge from school are still up to it then they should be good for a 2.4kw element? can you use them in parallel for higher rated elements i'm wondering?

edit-not sure why i'm wondering that,my hlt is 2 kw and i don't need to control the boil!
I got mine in the mail a couple of days ago and just finished wiring it up. Gonna test it tonight, hopefully I don't get electrocuted! I'll post up pics soon.

Couldn't come at a better time, what with my frozen fermentors and all!

How did that thermostat work out Stu?? Looks good your pics and i'm thinking of getting one too

Yea man, it worked out swell. I've gone and ordered another!

You've got the clearest pics that i've managed to find on the net for the wiring. I hope you wired it right cos i've pretty much copied exactly what you've done. Just one question - where do you have the wire for the temp probe coming out. Did you have to drill another hole for it, if so did you need a smaller grommet for it??

Haha yep I've done it right, my controllers have been working a treat. Yeah I just drilled a separate smaller hole for the probe, and didn't bother with a grommet.

If anyone is looking for some more controllers, I ordered a couple of these :

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/390554427-free-ship-All-purpos...

Which were US$23 including shipping. Cheap as chips. Delivery was quite prompt on their part. Wired it up last night, was real simple and had good diagrams with it, and I now have a brew fermenting with it, perfect.

Controls a heater and a cooler, so perfect for a fermenter.

Looks like exactly the same one as what I got. Mine works well. Think I got mine through an ebay store, and it was shipped from singapore?

Here is a bank of them, all wired up together to control my ale, lager, and keg fridges.

uncalibrated right now obviously!

I'm going to have a crack at using one to control an HLT as well (separate from the fridge control bank, that would be asking a bit much from my fuses I think)... will be interesting to see how that goes. Cheap solution if it works. If it doesn't, well, it was only $36 and I'm sure I can find something else to control with it!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service