Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

The results of the 2008 Capital Times Beer Necessities survey, including brief judges' notes, are posted here...

http://www.captimes.co.nz/rev/37/Beer.boss

Views: 87

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Monteiths Black? lol... rigged!
Kiwi Lager
only if it was aged ;0)
So let me get this straight...looking from the outside in we have a beer by lion and a beer by DB judged as being runners up in a beer competition that had a brewer from lion and a brewer from DB on the panel and these actually rated lower than other beers?
Am i reading this right?
i'd be a little agrieved if i was a brewer that entered my beer
What do you brewers out there say?
I didn't enter Epic Pale Ale
Why didn't you enter and will you enter next year?
On a positive note, this would not happen at BrewNZ because no brewer judges any beer from a brewery that they have an affiliation with.
I can't see why everyone is so surprised. Have you read the beer articles in the CT on a regular basis? While it is great that they write about beer, they certainly have a tendency to focus on the mainstream and on average beers. I would not rely on it as a source of beer information, advice or direction. Sorry Geoff, Colin...
I’m sorry, after speaking with my agent, moderate James has been retired and extreme opinion James is back!
Colin and Geoff massive respect! These comments are not intended to be aimed at you,

This stinks like a pile of fetid dingos kidneys!

No I guess I’m not really surprised, I guess I fell into the trap of believing (naively) that in NZ this sort of thing doesn’t happen wow how wrong was i!
Does anyone honestly believe that Monteiths Black and Mac’s gold are the second best beers in NZ given the list we’ve seen, I find that obscene and am offended by the fact that we’re taken for being that stupid!
Craft Brewers out there….. I feel for you, you are the unwilling victims of a pile of shit! Luke, good on you for not sending in your beers, even if you did well this comp has all the credibility of the tour de france!
:o) hahaha, well written buddy!!!
My agent has suggested that perhaps a boycott of the event by craft brewers would be a nice poke in the eye...let lion and DB battle it out in their two horse race!

....and the winner is Export 33!

Brewers....What say you?
What was the score for the appearance of the competing brews? That may have been the clincher.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service