Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hey all,

So I have a pale ale currently fermenting using Burlington ale yeast and was wondering if anyone had any experience with it?

Views: 1041

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I haven't used it but I will hopefully in the near future. There are rumors it is the Famous Conan Yeast Strain as used by The Alchemist Brewery is Vermont for their Heady Topper and other beers.

Am keen to hear your results though.

Yeah I'll definitely give an update when the beers finished.

I haven't used this particular strain yet but have been using The Yeast Bays Vermont Ale as my house yeast for the past year(repitching & up to 12th generation so far). Apparently they are both the famous "Conan" strain used for Heady Topper, it sure has been a game changer for my hoppy beers, including a Heady Topper clone which came out amazing! Be careful doing this too hot fermentation-wise, mine pulled some almost belgian esters when done around 20C. I tried pulling it back to 17C then ramping to 19C at 5-7days and the esters weren't nearly as prominent, letting the more peachy/stonefruit flavours shine. It definitely improved in flavour around the third generation so do harvest some for reuse. This is a great yeast strain, highly recommended! Chur & Brew On ;o)

How did you get your yest from them Rhyzla? Or are you living in the States?

I'm in Nelson Tom, got mine from Paul Finney at Finneys Homebrew supplies in Christchurch. This was over a year ago now, so don't know if he still carries it. The burlington ale from white labs is apparently the same yeast (I asked Chris White himself @ NZHC) and probably easier to get? Just having a pint of IPA done with the Vermont Ale and rammed with nelson sauvin/cascade/wet motueka hops...this yeast really makes those hops pop! ;o)

Sounds good. Thanks mat

Awesome. Cheers for the info.
Thought I better update this. Have done 2 beers with this yeast now. Definitely smells and tastes peachy. Attenuation is in the mid 70s. Am hoping to get it higher with future generations.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service