Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Looking at getting myself set up with a gas burner for brewing. I will need to grab a 50L pot at some stage too, but figured the burner came first.

Having a look around it seems that the best choice for buying here in NZ is either the 3 or 4 ring burner that works with a standard regulator on a BBQ gas bottle.

I can find the 3 ring burners for about $70

I can find the 4 ring burners for about $130.

What I would like to know is if it is worth paying almost double for a 4 ring, or whether the 3 ring does the job just fine??

Are there any other options I could consider? I am quite happy to buy stuff in from overseas if it is cheaper and works better. Also not adverse to having to do some assembly or source some parts to make stuff work.

Views: 13744

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"I assume they include the high pressure regulator?"

Nope, they dont..

Edit : Although im sure Jo can hook it all up for you if you ask him nicely :o)

Am I right in thinking that they need a high pressure regulator to work properly?

No, I understand that they will work fine with a standard bbq regulator, just has a slightly different fitting which is why I haven't got mine up and running just yet.

Edit : Jo put up a video where hes boiling 50 odd litres of Epic clone, and im pretty sure hes just using a standard reg there...

Just a normal regulator. I can ship the things fully functioning. They use about half as much gas as a 4 ring burner, are less prone to going out in windy situations and best of all produce a blue flame without any soot.
Sounding better all the time! I look forward to you posting the details when you get them in!

Yeah I think if you can justify it, the Rambo's are the way to go.

And seeing as though this is not too far off topic, are these adjustable regulators from Trade Me ok? 0-10 psi

I have a spare 2nd hand 4 ringer with no reg if you want. I'd be happy with $40 for it, but I do live in Tauranga, freight to ChCh might be a pain.

I am using one with a standard reg and to be honest I am a little underwhelmed, I am considering finding a high pressure one to see if it makes a difference.

I am interested to try one, and can probably arrange freight for not so much money. I will PM you to arrange details.

Thanks Patrick. I had seen your ad, but it is a bit hard to pick your stuff up in Auckland when I live in Christchurch
Can probably sent it thru work at a bloody good rate if you are interested, we send a lot of parcels so we get great rates. Let me know if you want me to get a shipping quote.

Sounds good Patrick. I have sent you a message (well on this site I have added you as a friend, with a message attached).

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service