Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I'm really after one at the moment. I have a Pin ready to receive the TTL, now all I need is to be able to draw the TTL out.

Any help from you online chaps will be greatly appreciated.

Views: 3153

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm seriously thinking about cloning Garrick - Garrick 2.0 can live downstairs at mine and do all my brewing and be my live-in bartender.
Here's my setup for my Beer Engine. The bag is a 20 litre camping water container. I filled the bag with beer, gave it a squirt of CO2 and then got as much air out of the bag as possible before connecting the pipe. First pump of the beer engine got any remaining beer out of the bag. By drawing from the top of the bag it just collapses as it empties. No need for a breather. Some ice in the chillybin to cool it down if necessary. Not really a problem at this time of the year. The English Bitter I tried this with was fresh to the last drop over a couple of weeks. As you can see it doesn't waste much.
Attachments:
Genius idea that Pilgrim. GENIUS.
I second that Barry.

I reckon one of those plus one of those cheap caravan 'hand pump' (some guys in the states use them) would be the ultimate cheapie setup.

So, I took a punt on that beer engine that came up on trademe recently (the one advertised with very little details), and I just got it today. It's an Angram model CO. The mechanism is pretty sound, and looks like it will just need a clean and maybe a seal, which brings me much relief. However it is missing the swan neck, of all things, and the drip tray. Anyone have good ideas for finding parts for these beauties? I'm not overly stressed about it being authentic angram stuff, although that is a bonus, of course.

Attachments:

Contact Angram direct Richard http://www.angramltd.com/  My engine isn't an Angram but I managed to get a full set of seals for the pump direct from the manufacturer, in fact I bought two sets just in case :-)  Exchange rate is good at the moment.

Excellent, thanks. Now I just have to choose between a northern nozzle and a southern nozzle... Hmmm. Now that I have a beer engine, I suppose I'd best develop an opinion about such things quick-sharp.

That's right, not caring and fence sitting on these matters is BANNED. 

I hope you choose the right one mate, the grand opening and beer tasting day will be a ruin if you've gone for the wrong sort...  I'd like an ESB if you are taking orders :p  I can wait until April if needs be.

I have been looking around and cask supplies and so on in the UK, these guys seem very reasonably priced for check / demand valves and breathers and so on. Also stock bags and whatnot.

http://www.worthside.co.uk/index.html

Just thought I'd post that up here in case it's useful to someone. I'm looking at UK suppliers because I'm going to have to bring my second engine back from the UK anyway, so I can probably hide some parts in amoungst that.

I could always throw in a.... Sparkler....

Where are you sourcing the second engine in the UK Richard? I've been having no luck whatsoever on Trademe and am seriously thinking about one of the reconditioned engines from Angram.

I picked one up on ebay and had it shipped to my brother. 30 quid for a working Angram. Apparently working, I should say... They go cheaper than that too. It looks like air freight would be about 60-70 quid on top of that if shipped as a unit, but I figure that I'll get my brother to strip it down so it packs better, and maybe even send parts seperately. Sea freight doesn't seem economical until you get a bit bigger. Any ideas on shipping are welcome!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service