Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

The 4th Limbo competition will be held at 34a Potter Avenue in Northcote on 13 October 2013 starting at 2pm. Bring family and/or friends to help judge. Bring light nibbles if you like. Bring a jug for each beer you enter.

We'll loosen up the judging criteria this time and simply have people pick their 1st, 2nd and 3rd favourite beers which will be allocated 3, 2 and 1 points respectively. The beer with the most points wins. Also, we'll pour all the beers at once so people can go back and compare.

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing what gems come out this time.

Viva la session beer!

Views: 959

Replies to This Discussion

I'm thinking about trying my hand at a dark mild too. Quite convenient the timing and style of the next WBC.

Unfortunately my Ordinary Bitter turned out to be a Best Bitter due to unexpected efficiency, so it's over the threshold. I'm trying to work out if I can get my Dark Mild brewed in time. If not I'll turn up anyway.

Don't forget to bottle all your beers for NHC entries... ;)

In which category would I enter a hop-really-forward pale ale with an OG of 1.038?

Too small for NZ Pale category, too hoppy for an Ordinary Bitter. Clean yeast, loads of NZ aroma hops, low IBU. It just doesn't seem to fit anywhere.

Specialty beer, session pale ale?

I considered the Specialty category, but the 'special nature' of the beer is only additional hops late in the boil and at dry hopping. Is that special enough for the category, which seems to be geared for special ingredients?

I'd go with Specialty.

It includes out-of-style variations of existing styles (e.g., low alcohol versions of other styles, extra-hoppy beers, “imperial” strength beers)

http://www.bjcp.org/2008styles/style23.php

My petite sour doesn't look like it's going to be ready in time :( 

I'll bring something less exciting, like my very-dark mild.

I brewed my entry, a wee 1.038 OG hopburst pale ale last night. Hopefully ferments well and is ready in time...

Not long now! I've got two beers (and a third if I push it along a bit). Don't forget a jug for each beer you enter.

I was thinking about setting up my hand pump for the dark mild I brewed but figured it confuses things a bit much so will reluctantly lightly carbonate it instead.

Really looking forward to tasting your beers.

My dark mild, as it was, is a write off way to harsh and bitter.   I dry hopped it more floral but doubt it will be ready...  

Bring it along anyway. Might get some valuable feedback. This format will only focus on the top three beers and is pretty informal.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service