Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ladies and Gentlemen start your burners! Entries are now open for the 2008 SOBA National HomeBrew Championship. Entries will close on 31 July 2008. Judging will be done during August and results announced at the SOBA HomeBrewFest, which this year will be during the BrewNZ week - first week of September.

For entry forms and more information please see www.soba.org.nz

Views: 450

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Two more weeks? Arse.

On the bright side, I guess that gives me a couple more weeks drinking beer that I can think of as 'potential medal winner'.
Man that sucks the big COCK!!!!
Even if the results aren't available yet, can we get some info on the comp:
Number of entries, etc?
Did the judging take place on Saturday?
Any food poisoning related syptoms?
Does anyone have any inside info?
Yeah i didn't think there was going to be an event!?
There was one mentioned by Rob back on page 2 of this thread, but no further details since.

Maybe Rob should mail out our results and we won't share or discuss them until the day of the event .. he he
Sounds good to me! :0)
Yes and about as likely as that van with a year of beer appearing on my doorstep ..
About as likely for me too....i just want to be put out of my misery :0(
I see no harm in sending out feedback from the tasting notes now'ish and saving the prizes for a later date. I'm not holding my breath for that van to arrive either but I'm eager for some feedback so that I can incoroprate it into my next brew.
Just collating results and ensuring everything is ok took me a couple of days last year. You triple check everything to make sure you don't accidentally let some poor brewer think he has won a prize when in fact he hasn't even won a medal...

Patience boys... a good homebrew comp is like a beer, let it condition before you go public.

Fingers crossed for you all. Good on you for entering.
Thanks for the update Stu.
That's not a official "update", seeing that I know little more than you (I wasn't involved this year - while they were judging I was riding over the Akatarawa's I my first big hit out ahead of the 320km bike ride I have in November - only 110km). Just my thoughts on last year. Rob will be triple checking as we speak...

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service