Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94585

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

After enjoying a bottle of Coopers Stout recently I've decided to brew something similar whilst getting rid of some old stock.
I'm also planning on adding oak chips to scratch an itch that I had for a while.

Oaked Smoked Stout

OG 1.058
IBU 39
ABV(%) 6.0

1.7kg Coopers Lager kit
1.5kg Black Rock LME
330g Roasted Barley
250g Chocolate Malt
200g Crystal 75L
100g Caraaroma
500g Smoked Malt
50g Muscavado Sugar
100g Rolled Oats
100g Maris Otter

21 IBU from Coopers Lager kit
15g Pacific Jade [13.4% AA] 60min

US-05

50g Oak Chips added some time after primary for an unknown period of time. Taste dependent.
Those itches are dangerous things eh Mr Cherry ?
Sure are. This is the last one though, honest.
What, no Coopers Pale, maybe a Sparkling ?
Nah, that itch went away by itself. Or maybe that bottle of yours scratched it for me.
You could start on New Zealand beer next - how about an Export Gold clone with some big C hops ?
Sounds a bit like P-Sharp. Next up for me will be a Simcoe pale ale or a something Belgian. I really liked the Belgian Blonde that I brewed a few months back and I'm really missing it. May have to rebrew it. It's be the first beer I've ever wanted to rebrew without any changes.
I've ever wanted to rebrew without any changes

But it'll be different - either because of the conditions or because of your expectations
Plans are afoot North Of Ngauranga for 3 North Welly Guys to brew some Golden Ales ... more news once we revise the styleguide !
Let me know when JT. I will be back in NZ for the week of 29 November.
Hey Michael good to hear from you . It'll be good to catch up with you.
I'm not sure if this was suggested as a collabataive brew - originally proposed as comparative brews.
But what do you think Matthew, Chris - a NW brew day in November ?
Twist my rubber arm! - funny I was thinking about Bitter Sweet Night the other day!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service