Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Seen something on Trademe that others maybe interested in...post it here

Views: 33090

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

my base pot is 50L, I manually lift internal pot with laser cut bottom out, but its a bit dangerous at 65C.   the issue is that with say 12kg of grains soaking up water I have to do a sparge to get enough wort,  I find the double amount of grains forms a better grain bed and I get a slow drip through the bed, but I mill quite fine, way finer then local shop.  I get about 1.5L per min flow rate via gravity.

I would be concerned about the weight of hot water that you would have to lift for a 120L unit as hot sparge water passes through it, sure it could be done but not sure I would want to sell it as safe from a H&S perspective...

I am waiting for 3 x  59L Savebarn pots in the new year and I am going to build a Farra like system but with a pump as well.  will use a PID for HLT control, gas for kettle.

"extraction difficulties"

Are you talking ventilation? what sort of issues did you have? I work in the ventilation industry currently.

"extraction difficulties" as in my Landlord will not allow any bigger duct up through the second floor (we already have 4" diameter and it's not cutting the mustard). Out the side's not an option either as it's into a neighbour's factory.

That;s a shame Karl. Ducting is also a worry in the potential shop I move into, but having said that they are not sure now whether this building is economical to repair! The joys of owning a business in Christchurch :)

Paul if you need any help sizing up ventilation. Let me know I can help you out.

When I find a permanent shop I'll be in contact

Bigger. Yeah. 100 diameter isn't ideal. And depending on your good size it could need to be considerably larger. Then there's council regs to prevent kitchen hood being extracted out anywhere but a roof.
Well my $1000 auto-bid didn't even last a day, might have to see the bank for a loan!

Hmmm now this could be a handy thing to have onsite! Good capacity for all sorts of brewing related things!!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/business-farming-industry/other/auction-68...

Not technically on trademe, but just spotted this - might be worth a look, for those wanting a brew stand: http://www.treatme.co.nz/Deal/Auckland/top-shopper-jan14ad-3?utm_so...

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service