Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20340

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

random comment... or did i miss something?
Yep -

"BONUS! This week we also have traditional English style pork pies available! Enjoy a pint or two of this quenching summer ale with a traditional English pork pie this Thursday only!!"

Mmm, pork pie.
Oh, yeh, I see now... I never followed the link.
I find pork pies a little over rated... actually, I find pork a lot over rated.
I've rather have a nice Ploughman's platter... bread, cheese, pickled egg (or boiled), pickle/relish, and some apple.

but Maris Gold on handpump... yeh yeh, I'd be all over that!
You get a top pork pie from the Canterbury Cheesemongers. Proper lard crust, lovely rich jelly and nice meat that isn't a horrible grey mush. I might need to go and get myself one for tonight since I'm just round the road....
Is that the place in Salisbury Street?
Yeah, the one on Salisbury by Victoria St
Celebrated pork with a good pork belly roast with juniper and sage during the week. Unfortunately ran out of good beer to match. A ploughman's platter would go down great right now.
Watching the black caps and drinking my first all grain batch (a nelson sauvin blonde ale) straight from the keg and uncarbonated.

OG. 1.050
F.G. 1.010
28IBU
5kg global kolsh (95%)
0.25kg global light caramel (5%)
20g nelson sauvin @ 60 and 20min
US05 @ 19C

I couldn't wait and I am not disappointed. Nice bright straw colour, crystal clear and tasting great.
I picked up my newly converted fire extinguisher from wormalds this morning so now im just waiting for my beer line and john guest fittings which are in the post and i'll be able to carbonate it.

Cant wait! :)
Is it chilled ?
I love the first few warm under carb'ed pints from a keg ...

On a mission tonight
First up is the last bottle of the SO4 Styrian ale that I brewed a few months back, interesting to see how this is after 10 weeks, I don't usually keep beer this long.

The rest of the evening is dedicated to finishing whatever is left of the Mild Mk V - should only be a couple - as I've got Mild Mk VI to keg. Mk VI finished at 1.012 instead of the anticipated 1.010 or less and it's tasting like a real malt tonic from the fermenter
Twisted Hop, Golding Bitter on the hand pull at Bar Edward last night. Just read this beer is only 3.7%, no wonder they were going down so easy. Great to see a beer served under/no carbonation and at room temp. Really reminded me of the English ales back in the UK.
It's at room temp, probably about 15C?

Made a bit of an amateur mistake with the kegging.....

Turns out when i reassembled the keg after replacing the seals and cleaning/sanitising i installed the in and out posts around the wrong way!

I've had to tip the keg on it's side to get the beer out :p
Just change the post over, purge with C02 and done.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service