Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20338

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I thought about it and it probably would've been good, but it wasn't really a priority.
Certainly makes a difference not having wine and beer in supermarkets, there's bottle stores everywhere, though often just full of RTDs and slabs of mainstream

Cheers, jt

Didn't mind the Amber when I was over there actually, but my favourite was their Golden; it was served in cans on Qantas flights which makes up for their striking workforce and engines that blow up...sort of.  Their IPA was great too, but not the ticket for 30C days in north tropical QLD :)

Sounds like I made misguided selectins, thanks Dai if I pick up a JS again I'll see if I an get the Golden
Cheers, jt
Just had a pint of beastwars and now having a half pint of Nøgne #500IIPA at hashigo.
Both of them are... WOW, just Fing WOW!!!
Croucher galaxy ipa from the handpump at Brew. Most delicious, I'll be having more of this.... And maybe finding some galaxy hops. 

Waldhaus Schwarzwald Weisse.

I admit to having some small degree of bias but its a lovely drop on a hot summers night.

Had the Harringtons Baltic Porter, best porter I've had in a while. I was in the mood for something a bit sweeter, and this really had a nice mix of raisin and chocolate flavours. No idea how they achieved that!

choc/raisin: good malt bill, the right fermentation (low esters to let malt shine) and a bit of age.

A good aged Baltic Porter is about as good as it gets for me. I remember almost creaming my jeans over a 2 year old Redoak Baltic Porter a couple of years ago. Still one of the best beers I've ever tried.

You'd better visit the Polish club next time your in Brisbane.  Baltic city.  They do a good stuffed cabbage to go with it.

Just been at Galbraiths enjoying a few Liberty Mash Ups, and a Crouchers Pils. All very delicious.

Unfortunately my friends Bellringer Bitter was heavily oxidised. When he took it back to the barstaff, they didn't seem to think it was off, weren't that cool about the whole thing, and made him pay for another beer (a bohemium pils, which was delicious btw). We ended up leaving the full, rant tasting pint on the table when we left.

It was plainly oxidised. Gutted, because every other time I've drank in Galbraiths it's been great. Stink sour end to an evening. 

Hmmm Thirsty Thursday. $6 Cassels pints at their Brewery... and with it blowing a howling Nor-wester which will be a head wind on the bike home I may just have to stop off for a pint before I can make it home!!

Had my first Tuatara XI recently and absolutely loved it.  So good it's inspired me to brew something in that style.  If you like Belgian ales I'd recommend picking one up. 

Also, had a taste off with my latest APA and Epic Pale Ale recently and the Epic Pale Ale seemed really metallic (blood like).  Still a great beer though.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service