Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20329

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bummer Rev... only just picked up on this. Like everyone else I'm glad you guys pulled through without any damage but now my fingers are crossed for your soul (Pug) to be saved too!
Cheers for all the comments guys, just finished off a great brew day so im feeling much better :o) lol
Stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink buzz bro!
Oaked Arrogant Bastard last night. Shambolic really... nothing wrong with it techinically but it had nothing good going for it drinkability wise. I've got little good to say about Stone after my experience with their beers this year. I'll go out on a limb and say they're way too focussed on the sizzle and their sausage just ain't cutting the mustard. Thankfully I watched an awesome move (Synecdoche New York) and forgot about the OAB.

So good get back on track with a PKB Remixed and an Armageddon tonight.

All I need now is to lose this cold. Have missed Steph's "5 Years in NZ" party, meeting up with Tony Culmer and his dad for drinks, and Kieran's 30th.
Oaked Arrogant bastard is rubbish, Its lost its arrogance through it big body big bitterness big hop big malt now it just a thin oaky peace of shit. But still try it though!! Its one of those tick the box beers.
The AB and AOB I've had in the states ahve been pretty good, but not nearly as arrogant as promised. Had an imported AB here some time back, ok but that's all. The smoked porter I had last week was REALLY good, ruination a few months back was also good but a bit dated.
Thanks for the insights. I'd like to ask...Where did you get Stone in NZ? -Greg.
Stone himself!! Welcome to realbeer, check this out, http://www.regionalwines.co.nz/ they have or advertisers on this site www.beerstore.co.nz, they have a better range of your products. Pitty we cant get vertical epic and your Russian Stout as I would love to try those!!
Thanks for your help. I just emailed both establishments asking as to how they managed to get our beers in New Zealand.

You see, we do not export to your beautiful country. As such, when our beers are transported via a black market system we cannot vouch for how they were (mis)handled or their freshness. This can, of course, lead to experiences with our beer that might range from "...I've got little good to say after my experiences with Stone"(*) to "...just a thin oaky peace (sic) of shit" to "...good but a bit dated."

If I am able to track down who is illegally black market shipping our beers to NZ, I will ask them to cease and desist immediately. It is highly unethical and does not do a justice to the brewer, retailer or consumer as none end up viewing it as a positive experience. I do not blame folks if they have not thought much of our beers under these circumstances as my experiences with illegally shipped black market Stone beers have never been good.

Thanks again to you guys for your insights on this. I sincerely apologize that you have had to have poor experiences with our beers.

Cheers,

Greg Koch, CEO & Co-Founder
Stone Brewing Co.

* Interestingly, it seems if you have an outdated beer while you've got a cold, it might not taste good...who could have see that coming?
Wow Greg, you get serious credit from me for caring enough to post here. Well done and much respect sir.
I have my fingers crossed that you can get us the real deal so we can experience Stone beers as you intended.

Cheers.
"as my experiences with illegally shipped black market Stone beers have never been good."

Now i HAVE to go to Stone brewery, I was just thinking wow when I was reading that, because I got a 5 ruinations recently and all of them were out of date by a month or so, but all of them were absolutely awesome, even if they werent extremely fresh!

But in saying that I cant wait to try a fresh one, from the brewery :o)

And, furthermore - does this mean Greg that you are, or may consider looking into a brewery assisted shipping of your excellent product to NZ? Cos I would definately become a regular customer, you can even ship it directly to me if you want ;oP lol
If you do stop them trading, will you pick up the distribution to our country? If so you are doing us in injustice by not letting us experience your beer, 1 beer ( just my opinion)???? out of your whole range that I didn't like, to me I would call that sensational!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service