Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I'm planning on making a Barley Crusher Malt Mill purchase and I've got a quote for a group buy to save on shipping.

The mill with 7lb hopper is USD$105 and if I can make an order of at least 4 mills then shipping will be about USD$47 per mill making a total of about USD$152 per mill.

Shipping of a single mill is USD$79 so that is a reasonable saving.

I want one mill, so is there at least 3 other Wellington brewers out there keen for a group buy?

If you're outside Wellington and really keen then let me know, shipping from Wellington will be extra.

I'll wait a couple of weeks before I finalise the order and price.

Views: 307

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am interested. What happens when you get more than 4 who want to participate?
We're up to 6 now - welcome. I think the shipping will go down slightly every time someone joins.

Now that we've reached the minimum order I can set a cut-off date where no more can join the order.

So before 7pm, Wednesday the 20th is the absolute last chance to join. Post here or email me at steve@stevebaker.org you're in.
Hi Chris, could I have your email address?
Hi Steve, hope this isn't too last minute but I'm in for one if you havn't yet placed the order. I sent you an email today but thought best I cover my bases by leaving a reply here too...

I'm over in Greytown so no hassles to pick up from Wellington. You can email me at: chris.galbreath@cardno.co.nz.

Ta, Chris
Damn, I should have been a bit more organised. If anyone else who was following this thread but didn't make an order has dedided they are keen to by a grain mill let me know as I'll probably be making an order for one soon. Or if any of you folk who had made an order, but wish to opt out, I'm happy to fill the void. Cheers
It actually not that badly priced to just order a single unit for yourself. Although with the dollar at the moment it may be better to team up with some otherchaps
Did this order happen? If so, how are the crushers? Was it money well spent or would you recommend looking elsewhere?

Also, does anyone know whether the Marga Mills are any good?
Don't know anything about marga mills, but my barley crusher is wicked. Does a beautiful crush even on the factory setting. Hopper and mounting system are great too. Having the wood completely covering the bucket underneath keeps the dust down too.
I didn't get mine through the group buy but I've had mine for a almost a year now and it's great.

I did a bit of reading on marga mills when I was first looking at buying a mill but apparently they need some modification or something to make them suitable for barely. There's a bit of info on aussiehomebrewer forums about them.
There was 7 mills ordered in the end. I'm really happy with the mill and the beer it has helped brew so far.

If anyone else is thinking of doing a bulk order then I could pass on some tips to help it go a little smoother.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service