Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi All
(Hopefully I didn't miss a thread here, I searched first!)
Just wanted to see if anyone has rhizomes available this year? I hear there is a shortage, however if there are any suppliers anyone knows of I would be keen to given them a go!

Maybe we can get a list of suppliers going? I see in the old forum that Stephen @ Hallertau may have been one of them, any ideas?

Cheers

Views: 17319

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey
I've got four plants I will be dividing down soon. 2xcascade and 2xgerman hops. If you're interested in a swap of some sort
i have nothing to swap as all my hops failed last year,probably cos i moved house and dug them up! i'd be keen to grow any available and swap them on in future years!
Keen for a cascade if there's a rhizome going. I can swap for beer...
I'll dig them up in late august and see what's what. i can bring them along to beervana if there's enough to split. There should be they're growing in horse sht and went nuts last summer!
I'm keen for a bit of Cascade too. Don't know about posting beer to Welly, but I'm sure we can sort something out.
"Don't know about posting beer to Welly"

Nothing wrong with posting beer round the country mate, look at the case swap and the NHC where entrys from around NZ are posted, I even used glass for my two bottles last year!
Cool. Any tips for getting glass bottles to survive the journey? NZ Post or courier?
Dougal, see how you go with Toast, otherwise I'll grow some clones from mine this year for you.
Much appreciated! I think Toast said he only had Smoothcone after all: the single hop I'm growing so far.
I have two varieties, Smoothcone and another (not sure of variety) which I bought off trade me, apparently the guy used it to make organic beer with it. Didn't get any flowers off Smoothcone as I was too late putting it in, but got some off the other and they smelt amazing, although didn't quite get enough to put into a brew. Definitely this year!

I too am keen to trade any of mine for some more usable varieties.
Where did you get the Cascade from Toast and James?
I think I was mistaken having read a few other fold here, I think they are smoothcone. Nevertheless I've got some if people want some. I'm in the UK at the moment and staying at a friends where there are fuggles, goldings and target growing in the fields around her house...oh well.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service