Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I'm onto my second keg now and have struck some trouble. The beer (a dark mild) was carbonated at 18 psi for about 1-2 weeks @ 6C. On connection to the beer taps the beer poured with nothing but froth and finally beer! Its a pain. In the beer line tiny bubbles form at the highest point of the coil, see the photo:

Any ideas what could be causing this?? The first brew poured fine and was mildly carbonated (was a different keg though).

Looking forward to any ideas.

Richee

Views: 611

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jt,

Yes I appear to have fixed the problem by drinking the contents of the keg!! Have just kegged an ESB and have it set at 12 psi at 5 degrees from memory.

Thanks again for the info on draft kegging Horace. I'll run the calcs and let you know how I get on.

Rich.
Did you manage to get it working
From the calcs in the data you sent me it appears that all I need to do is dial in the 12 psi and forget. To overcome the line resistance between the keg and the faucet only requires 8 psi. Beer pouring flow rates seem pretty fast but that looks easy to fix, just add some more resistance and recalculate.

Another factor that I wasn't paying close enough attention to is having super clean glassware.

Thanks everyone for your excellent advise.

Rich

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service