$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

WellingtonBC Competition 8-11-09: American Pale Ale

Event Details

WellingtonBC Competition 8-11-09: American Pale Ale

Time: November 8, 2009 from 1pm to 9pm
Street: 48 Courtenay Place
City/Town: Wellington
Website or Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?f…
Event Type: competition
Organized By: JoKing
Latest Activity: Jul 9, 2010

Export to Outlook or iCal (.ics)

Event Description

The 1st quarterly Wellington Brewers Conference will be held at the Malthouse on 8-11-09 from 1pm onwards.

Brewers from the Wellington regeon are invited to come along with your entry... along with your fee of $10.

The rules are simple: $10 to enter, winner takes all... And the last place winner chooses the next style of beer to be brewed. Your beer will be respectfully judged by a select panel.

Comment Wall

Comment by Mike Neilson on September 22, 2009 at 3:23pm
OK ladys and lads, Im happy to confirm that the date is set for the 8th of November. (If you think 4pm is to late on a Sunday arvo let us know and we shall make it earlyier)

We have three judges for event, Colin Mallon himself,
Dion Page resident brewer from Tuatara and Yeastie Boy Stu Mckinlay.

Remember this event is open to everyone so if you know someone who brews or just loves beer bring them along. Lets make a HUGE first up event!!
Comment by JoKing on September 22, 2009 at 3:46pm
Huzaaaah!!!! I'm looking forward to this!!! Looks like I'm in Chch on the 5th & 6th... with any luck I'll be able to scab onto another stellar weekend in the Capital of beer!
Comment by JoKing on September 22, 2009 at 3:46pm
I think Yakima Monster fits into this category... I'd better brew the 5th keg of it!
Comment by Matthew on September 22, 2009 at 4:05pm
Yakima's so hot right now, everyone's doing it... :P
Comment by JoKing on September 22, 2009 at 4:12pm
The scary thing will be when I get beaten with my own beer!
Comment by Bambule on September 22, 2009 at 6:55pm
Yes, 4pm is great Mike. What's the deal, do we bring a rigger a long I take it? 1L or 2?
Comment by JoKing on September 22, 2009 at 7:04pm
1L is heaps mate. In Auckland we just bring swappas or 750's. If you have the winner - 2 Liters is better... it's always the way with the winning beer - all the other punters want to see why they lost!
Comment by Bambule on September 22, 2009 at 7:16pm
Your right, plus your in the malthouse, your not going to die of thirst if the homebrew runs out!
Comment by Pilgrim on October 5, 2009 at 8:16pm
I'm gutted, I've just been reminded that I'll be over in the Wairarapa at a National shooting competition that weekend, so I'm afraid I won't be able to make it. I was looking forward to catching up with a few of you again and meeting some new people, oh and of course tasting some outstanding beers.
Oh well, maybe next time.
Comment by Stu McKinlay on November 6, 2009 at 3:39pm
is it just me or has this mysteriously changed from 4pm to 1pm....??

Comment

RSVP for WellingtonBC Competition 8-11-09: American Pale Ale to add comments!

Join RealBeer.co.nz

Attending (10)

Might attend (2)

Not Attending (2)

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service